Lt. Commander
# 31
05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Not unlike the fly.. We were ask to do a home SCI project one Semester to place a normal [if any are] or common house fly in the freezer and close the door. They go into a Yogi trance and wait for you to relent and have mercy and let then out.. after awhile at room temp they self res and fly off to the mischief
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenshiBat View Post
Not unlike the fly.. We were ask to do a home SCI project one Semester to place a normal [if any are] or common house fly in the freezer and close the door. They go into a Yogi trance and wait for you to relent and have mercy and let then out.. after awhile at room temp they self res and fly off to the mischief
I knew someone who did that, but they'd very carefully tie a thread to the fly's leg while it was still frozen, then when it thawed they'd have a fly on a string. Never tried it myself, but I can't see why it would't work, as long as you could get the thread tied onto the leg.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Seeing a whole lot of walls of text and little down with Woe posts... Shame on all of you.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Seeing a whole lot of walls of text and little down with Woe posts... Shame on all of you.
Not our fault if Woe won't post.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Not our fault if Woe won't post.
Oh so you are blaming this on Woe now eh?

Good lad.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
This is why I try not to complain about weather here too much. We don't usually rise much above 35 C (95 F) in the summer. Winter we dip down to about the same rough number of -35 C. (-31 F) That can be very cold, but usually its only a week or two spread out throughout the winter months. Most of the time we sit at around -20c in winter and +20c in summer.

What gets me freakin out is the damn mosquitos. I like the outdoors, except for those nasty little things. I would be in favour of genetic modification to make them ignore humans.
-31c!? That would KILL me!