Lt. Commander
Since the changes to the aid the planet mission, I have had exactly 1 mission. I have not had another aid the planet mission since I did that one. I just went back to the sol and was going to do that aid the planet mission in delta volanis. After 14 mission attempts to get it, I gave up. Like I said, I have only had 1 aid the planet mission since the changes went live.

Edit Note: I wanted to add that I have been doing my dailies every single day PLUS extras and yet only 1 aid the planet mission since the day it got changed. Something is seriously not right here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2010, 10:52 PM
This is a known bug acknowledged by the developers, who have also mentioned it's at least loosly related to the bug that prevents you from starting an enemy encounter because you didn't get the comm popup. Unfortunately, there's no ETA on when they'll have this fixed, so for now, people like you and I have to just live without exploration missions.

Even with the new reward mechanic, I can't say that really bothers me, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-22-2010, 12:46 AM
The fix for the problem that is preventing people from getting the "aid the planet" commodity missions in star clusters will be in the 1.2 release.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-22-2010, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
The fix for the problem that is preventing people from getting the "aid the planet" commodity missions in star clusters will be in the 1.2 release.
I can confirm that my character, which has been affected by this bug, has been able to get "aid the planet" missions since the tribble update last week. Can't wait for this update to go live.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-22-2010, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
This is a known bug acknowledged by the developers, who have also mentioned it's at least loosly related to the bug that prevents you from starting an enemy encounter because you didn't get the comm popup. Unfortunately, there's no ETA on when they'll have this fixed, so for now, people like you and I have to just live without exploration missions.

Even with the new reward mechanic, I can't say that really bothers me, lol.
I get Aid the Planet missions on Tribble again, but, I still get empty Secure System missions. I got three in a row once, immediately after getting an AtP mission, so that kinda puts a few torpedoes in the theory that the two issues are linked.

And, empty secure system missions aren't limited to B'tran, either.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-22-2010, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
I get Aid the Planet missions on Tribble again, but, I still get empty Secure System missions. I got three in a row once, immediately after getting an AtP mission, so that kinda puts a few torpedoes in the theory that the two issues are linked.

And, empty secure system missions aren't limited to B'tran, either.
I said loosly related. If you want, I can go dig up the dev post on it, but suffice it to say based on what was said, I already assumed that fixing one problem wasn't going to fix the other.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2010, 03:19 AM
does that mean you are fixing the dailys? as far as we getting them all daily? cause if that true i renew my membership.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-22-2010, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
I can confirm that my character, which has been affected by this bug, has been able to get "aid the planet" missions since the tribble update last week. Can't wait for this update to go live.
I haven't had an aid the planet mission come up in months. I do dailies almost everyday, and sometimes extra while farming anomalies, and yet its been several patches and literally a couple months since my last one.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-22-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salexander
I haven't had an aid the planet mission come up in months. I do dailies almost everyday, and sometimes extra while farming anomalies, and yet its been several patches and literally a couple months since my last one.
Yup. Same here. The relief missions are fixed on Tribble (or technically, our older characters are fixed since new characters seem to be able to get relief missions just fine on Holodeck).
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
I said loosly related. If you want, I can go dig up the dev post on it, but suffice it to say based on what was said, I already assumed that fixing one problem wasn't going to fix the other.
If I remember the dev post, the problem with Aid the Planet had to do with a forced lockout timer that was bugged on some players and not others. Which I don't think has much of anything to do with why patrol missions end up bugged and not having any enemies in them. Since that bug spawns a mission. And this bug prevents a mission from spawning.