Lt. Commander
# 11
05-22-2010, 12:56 PM
My biggest issue with "Aid the Planet" missions is that I can't get one in Delta Voltanis to finish out the "Needs of the Many" quest. I've gotten Aid missions in B'Trann, but they do count for completing the mission.

It would be nice if the Needs of the Many was modified to a "static" planet in sector space, was the first mission you received in Delta Voltanis after getting the mission, or that any "Aid" mission counted for quest completion.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Finished off "Need of the Many" yesteday with my alt. character Lt. Aideen Dax (lvl 8) in the Delta Volanis exploration Cluster. Took me 2 quest of the Cluster to get it done.

But on my main RA5, after they came out with the patch on Saturday May 3rd, I have not been able to get any "Aid the Planet" missions in any Exploration areas'. Also it take about 10 to 15 misfires on "Enemy Confrontation/Defeat the Enemy" to finally get 1 to work right in B'Tran, but in all other exploration areas' they work correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoosty View Post
Finished off "Need of the Many" yesteday with my alt. character Lt. Aideen Dax (lvl 8) in the Delta Volanis exploration Cluster. Took me 2 quest of the Cluster to get it done.

But on my main RA5, after they came out with the patch on Saturday May 3rd, I have not been able to get any "Aid the Planet" missions in any Exploration areas'. Also it take about 10 to 15 misfires on "Enemy Confrontation/Defeat the Enemy" to finally get 1 to work right in B'Tran, but in all other exploration areas' they work correctly.
I am not sure if they actually want it or not, But I have started a thread here for the Bugged missions that wont spawn anything. I highly suggest you post to it any and every time you get one of these missions. Considering what we have available for us to do at RA5, This should be a top priority on their fix list.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
The fix for the problem that is preventing people from getting the "aid the planet" commodity missions in star clusters will be in the 1.2 release.
While you are at it, please address how the "Needs of the Many" quest is completed. Currently, going to Delta Volanis to complete this quest is a crap shoot. You are not guaranteed to get an "Aid the Planet" in any kind of timely manner and then when you do finally get an "Aid the Planet" you are not guaranteed that the planet will need Shield Generators.

The "Needs of the Many" is supposed to teach the "aid" mechanics to new characters without bankrupting them by requiring them to purchase the commodities to complete the mission. This is not being accomplished, reliably anyway. My new character is now Lt. 7 or 8, and still has the 10 Shield Generators given to him for the "Needs of the Many" mission. However, I've completed "Needs of the Many" because it seems to complete upon completion of your first "aid" mission, regardless of whether or not the planet needed Shield Generators. (And yes, I bankrupted my new character by buying nine of the ten required Communication devices. Luckily I had found one prior to the "aid" mission because I didn't have enough energy credits to buy a tenth one.)