Lt. Commander
# 1 Decommissioned
05-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Ok so theres alot of talk about the starship poll about which ships should make it into STO.Heres the link http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=157662.

Now some ppl want the NX others want the Excelsior and others want ships such as the Dharma Class(aka this is the class of the U.S.S.KELVIN in STXI).

Problem is other ppl think these ships are out dated and outclassed by the new 25th century ships and honestly I feel the same. No amount of refitting can bring a 22nd century NX to 25th century standards.

Whoever saying this I want to see all these ships in STO as im a star trek ship fanatic.So heres what I purpose...

These ships will be outdated so cryptic why not make 5 new special tiers and PVP missions.

The new tiers will be minus instead of plus.Examlpe...

Tier -1 Early 24th century ships
Tier- 2 Late 23rd century ships
Tier -3 Early 23rd century ships
Tier- 4 Late 22nd century ships
Tier -5 Early 22nd century ships

Now players using these ships need to relise that they would be in a different catagory as in massively outdated. So a pvp called Decom Wargames should be set up for the new tiers so players can batlle away in their decom ships. This would only be a side activity for players using these ships for fun. They wouldn do much in the player missions. These ships should be for both factions.

Anyways this is what i felt coild give evryone a bit of cake without anyone crying. Let the abuse beginJoke

How about a holodeck with missions. One of the posts on the forum by wcnighthawk came up with this and I really like his idea.

Originally Posted by wcnighthawk

"Personally, I'm one of those that say the older ships need to stay decomissioned (I mean, how many Connies did you see running around in TNG, Voy, or DS9?). That being said, the Excelsior was shown a few times in the 24th Century, so I think that could be the exception. They could even make it the refit version that put it on par with the Defiant, I wouldn't mind that either.

Regardless, the solution to the problem is fairly simple, because the trek universe gives us an awesome tool that alot of series don't have. The Holodeck. For people wanting to fly the older ships, Cryptic could make missions, call them holodeck missions, and let them play from whatever bygone era they want. It would be easy for Cryptic to implement (like the mission where you have to pick which captain to support) and they could even make classic missions for people to play through (such as stopping Kang from disrupting the peace accords or being captain of the Enterprise-C and securing friendship with the Klingons). Everyone could participate in whatever era they like. It's not an STF, so it shouldn't take too long to make and add's content quick and easy. It's a win-win scenario for everyone."
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-22-2010, 09:58 AM
And what about the existing starships that are late 23rd century and early 24th century starships, what happens to them?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Why not make a Go-Back-to-the-Past Server, dump all the ENT and ST:XI Crap there and let people play so they dont bother the 25th Century anymore...
Lt. Commander
# 4 Eheh
05-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-94699
Why not make a Go-Back-to-the-Past Server, dump all the ENT and ST:XI Crap there and let people play so they dont bother the 25th Century anymore...
Eheh!

10 characters long.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-22-2010, 10:10 AM
None of the ships in game were built before the 25th century as I gather.

They're just superficial uses of old designs on newly constructed ships. Think "New Mustang" or "New VW Bug". New car, classic shape.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Excuse me Sir Star Fleet priority hail, we have banned from the 24 and 25th century, Star Fleet advices the Enterprise-C could use a hand near an outpost on Narendra III,or go ahead and time travel back to the 22nd century and stay there. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
That would be a terrible idea since STO is supposed to represent ALL of Star Trek not just certain peoples' view of it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabal1202 View Post
And what about the existing starships that are late 23rd century and early 24th century starships, what happens to them?
Keep them were they are. Its up to Cryptic I just put something out there an idea to be expanded upon.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-22-2010, 10:15 AM
I can't believe no one else but me and a few others voted for the Enterprise J. A ship two miles long has to be T6. I like the older classes of star ships but they're not end game ships. I have already passed those tiers and they do me no good now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_Androvar
That would be a terrible idea since STO is supposed to represent ALL of Star Trek not just certain peoples' view of it.
It is? Why they set the game 30 years post Nemesis if that would be the case!