Lt. Commander
# 1 War
05-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Just wondering were is that WAR at? I have been looking for that EPIC war I seen and heard about in the trailers to this game??? Well in the new state of the game report Craig “assuming you’re playing a Klingon. No killing your allies, guys!?” I guess some are glad that, that was the shortest and WAR ever. So what now we just hold the Federations hand and forget about the WAR. I guess this Klingon Empire will allow the attack by the Federation to go unpunished because of a small Borg problem. This doesn’t sound like a Empire coming off a victory it sound like one on her last leg. Come on there is some good PvP feds out there that will love a war.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Erm....the war is a bit of a make belief actually
Lt. Commander
# 3 I here that
05-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vontrox View Post
Erm....the war is a bit of a make belief actually
Really sad to because if we and a EPIC WAR like we were lead to believe like some sort of open PvP we would gain so many resub and new subs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Yes, well, i mentioned it also in another post, i think that PvP is not Cryptics nr 1 priority, they priority of STO is Federation PvE, bc that is what most people do and thats how this game is build. PvP was just and small add on to attract a small part of the players. But thats how i think it is.... No Developer has stated the oposite though...
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Yes, well, i mentioned it also in another post, i think that PvP is not Cryptics nr 1 priority, they priority of STO is Federation PvE, bc that is what most people do and thats how this game is build. PvP was just and small add on to attract a small part of the players. But thats how i think it is.... No Developer has stated the oposite though...
But the thing is how simply it would be to fix pvp everyone thinks the federation is the key NO it is to target a muiltude of sub sections. How does a game with the name star trek go from 1 mil intrested player at launch to 100k subs a falling? Ya this is to STO love childeren the game is dieing and you are blind or reruse to see like cryptic how easy and ya may ony get 25k sub and resubs from a better PvP system.But that better then lossing subs dont you think.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
A large number of Feds want this as well. At best the PvE in this game is a joke, most get through the new "content" the first attempt and then get a crap reward. Each new STF takes 3 to 6 month to develop, it gets stale quikly because they are to easy and little penalty for failing

An open PvP sector would give BOTH factions years of content (if done well). That would give Cyptic the best Dev dollars.

PvP's main function is to be an alternative to give players an alternative to PvE, Just like not everyone likes to do all PvP not everyong likes to only PvE LOL. It also gives people something to do while they bring out new PvE content.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2010, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post
A large number of Feds want this as well. At best the PvE in this game is a joke, most get through the new "content" the first attempt and then get a crap reward. Each new STF takes 3 to 6 month to develop, it gets stale quikly because they are to easy and little penalty for failing

An open PvP sector would give BOTH factions years of content (if done well). That would give Cyptic the best Dev dollars.

PvP's main function is to be an alternative to give players an alternative to PvE, Just like not everyone likes to do all PvP not everyong likes to only PvE LOL. It also gives people something to do while they bring out new PvE content.
If thats the truth, then Cryptic is ignoring their customers, i must admind, i do have a Fed char, but hardly play them en i don't visit the federation boards inhere, but..... from my view, most of the people who post things in the PvP board are Klingons.... so excuse me for having a wrong view on the matter that Feds don't want PvP. But i still stand STO is Federation Online as the whole series revolves around the Federation
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-23-2010, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post

Okay, i hear you and thats my mistake, i see a lott of Klingon posts in PvP forum, and i don't visit the Fed board much, never actaually.

Quote:
But the thing is how simply it would be to fix pvp everyone thinks the federation is the key NO it is to target a muiltude of sub sections. How does a game with the name star trek go from 1 mil intrested player at launch to 100k subs a falling? Ya this is to STO love childeren the game is dieing and you are blind or reruse to see like cryptic how easy and ya may ony get 25k sub and resubs from a better PvP system.But that better then lossing subs dont you think.
i agree with you here 100%
Lt. Commander
# 9 Well
05-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Quote:
If thats the truth, then Cryptic is ignoring their customers, i must admind, i do have a Fed char, but hardly play them en i don't visit the federation boards inhere, but..... from my view, most of the people who post things in the PvP board are Klingons.... so excuse me for having a wrong view on the matter that Feds don't want PvP. But i still stand STO is Federation Online as the whole series revolves around the Federation
There is some great federation pvpers and i cant say if the are screaming about it too because i dont read there borades either, but they better be because it looking like a pvp fix is off the table aleast until end of year.

Not a reply to your comment, Cryptic is not a well established mmo developer this could be a good or bad thing so far bad. Cryptic you understand trek fan will not keep this game alive the loyal mmoers do that so if you want STO to be around for years the you better start to paying attention to what they want at least the ones still here. GOOD LUCK TO YOU
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
Not a reply to your comment, Cryptic is not a well established mmo developer this could be a good or bad thing so far bad.
Normally I don't defend Cryptic, and actually I'm not defending them here. But I have to disagree with your assertion that Cryptic is not a well established MMO developer.

Cryptic Studios was established in 2000. That makes them 10 years old.

Cryptic Studios has created 4 financially successful subscription-based MMOs. Do you know how many other companies on this entire planet have done that?

None.