Lt. Commander
# 11
05-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vontrox View Post
If thats the truth, then Cryptic is ignoring their customers, i must admind, i do have a Fed char, but hardly play them en i don't visit the federation boards inhere, but..... from my view, most of the people who post things in the PvP board are Klingons.... so excuse me for having a wrong view on the matter that Feds don't want PvP. But i still stand STO is Federation Online as the whole series revolves around the Federation
There are a fair amount of good PvP'ers on the Fed side. I'll agree percentage wise Klingons are more interested in PvP than the Feds are. But every thread created on the open PvP sector area's gets over welming suport from both factions. You are also correct that most Feds with is what the game was created around wants PvE as their personal focus but many also say thay like to PvP casually,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Normally I don't defend Cryptic, and actually I'm not defending them here. But I have to disagree with your assertion that Cryptic is not a well established MMO developer.

Cryptic Studios was established in 2000. That makes them 10 years old.

Cryptic Studios has created 4 financially successful subscription-based MMOs. Do you know how many other companies on this entire planet have done that?

None.
  • City of Hero's/Villains Still doing good I supose I never played it after the 7 day trial.
  • STO was a succesfull in initial sales only, playerbase is sinking like a rock. And being only 4mo old it cant be deemed a success or failure yet.
  • Champions Online is still around calling it a success might be a stretch.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post
STO was a succesfull in initial sales only, playerbase is sinking like a rock. And being only 4mo old it cant be deemed a success or failure yet.
Links stating source of metrics or it didn't happen. I see no less number of people ingame than I've seen since launch.

Quote:
Champions Online isnt a subscription based MMO its a free to play game.
CO is most certainly a subscription based game. It's not free to play. I bought the 6 month sub to get the STO Beta.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
Links stating source of metrics or it didn't happen. I see no less number of people ingame than I've seen since launch.
Your right. The empty ques and empty space all around my ship is a sign that space has gotten bigger so it seems less crowded LOL. I would love to see them release the numbers and if they were good they would be touting them in show of victory.

Quote:
CO is most certainly a subscription based game. It's not free to play. I bought the 6 month sub to get the STO Beta.

OK I was mistaken about the free to play. I has fixed my Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Your right. The empty ques and empty space all around my ship is a sign that space has gotten bigger so it seems less crowded LOL. I would love to see them release the numbers and if they were good they would be touting them in show of victory.
I see plenty of people, but we're constantly being separated; by instancing, by level banding...

I don't think we'll ever see anything but estimates as to actual sub numbers, game companies generally keep that stuff pretty close to the breast.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-24-2010, 06:03 AM
War?? I see no war, just the Federation doing as it pleases while the rest of use get the blackhole of apathy.
Where's the open PvP, the combat for for control of resources and strategic planetary positions, and control of the Nuetral Zone? Add this to the game and make it by acceptance only (meaning you have to choose to enter open pvp) then things will seem more war-ish.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Quote:
I see plenty of people, but we're constantly being separated; by instancing, by level banding...

I don't think we'll ever see anything but estimates as to actual sub numbers, game companies generally keep that stuff pretty close to the breast.
Well, cant speak for the any new subs being created. But I can speak from experience on Vet players. 18 players on a fleet roster. All, I repeat, all have canceled subs and have moved to another game.

43 players on my friend list. I have seen only 1 or 2 in days. Does that tell you anything?
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-24-2010, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Normally I don't defend Cryptic, and actually I'm not defending them here. But I have to disagree with your assertion that Cryptic is not a well established MMO developer.

Cryptic Studios has created 4 financially successful subscription-based MMOs. Do you know how many other companies on this entire planet have done that?

None.
Thats a good point............as much as I would like more Kling content......ya have to give them time and assume that they know what they are doing just based off of this fact alone.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:

None.
Actually, i think SOE is getting close to that, could be a fun discussion (SWG NGE )
Anyway, SOE is a producer also, so it probally doesn't count.
Information is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Online_Entertainment
Lt. Commander
Quote:

Read around the web DO SOME RESEARCH please and not by those dirty company’s that praise something because they are affiliated or a parent of. Maybe I should post a link here but that might be a violation of the TOS as biased by the admens.
Lt. Commander
# 20 OK
05-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:

None.
Of coures 10 years that along time COH/COV and CO are different game my bad i forgot LOL