Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
06-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
No, you obviously did not actually THINK when writing that.

You, like just about everyone like you miss the vital point of our complaints:

1.) WE already brought everyone we could with us when this game launched. thats what friends usually do - start a game (an mmo anyway...) together.
Now, many of those have left after discovering just how much a borefest this game really is (and nothing has changed in sto to retract that judgement) and are NOT coming back. Even if we tried, they already have their accounts set up.and we won't get credit.

2.) Buddy keys. Oh yes. Lets not count the effective refferals from those things.. that will not make people angry in the slightest.

3.) Its incredibly unfair to those people who simply are not in the position to con (err... refer...) 5 people into this game.
The choice of a fully functioning, fan favorite ship that offers several special abilities is the main reason this is such an hotly discussed issue.

On top of a heckload of crpytic points they add a structurally (cloak, cannons, special weapon) superior ship.
Its not just a ship skin, or a slight modification of what everyone else has. Its a complete and total departure from what everyone else gets. Not to mention the fluff related (cloaks!!!!) problems it has:
Why can this ship mounts heavy cannons when everyone else is locked out?

4.) They cou'd have added a multitude of things instead a whole freaking ship.

a transwarp ability thats lets you choose the destination?
a boost to sectorspace speed?
eternally free respecs?
Bonus free play time?
Get all pre order perks and items? After all, those were done right - no major impact on the game.

I'd really like to see if the reffered people actually stay on longer than a month/60 days gtc time.

My suspicion is: they won't. Since they are no real referrals but a select number of people who forked over ~ 150$ to get this huge, 3 naccelled MacGuffn.

Job well done cryptic, bill ropers influence is strong in you.
I have 7 total referrals that have paid for the game & their 30 days of gametime after the first month was up. They all play in my fleet.

I am sure there are other people with real referrals, since I managed to get 7.

Not everyone thinks like you and will just hand over money for something, some of us do it properly.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicia
I have 7 total referrals that have paid for the game & their 30 days of gametime after the first month was up. They all play in my fleet.

I am sure there are other people with real referrals, since I managed to get 7.

Not everyone thinks like you and will just hand over money for something, some of us do it properly.

sigh....

no more people to get.... sea is dry....
am i supposed to freqent other communities on the web, who have clear rules against such behavior, and ADVERTISE?!?

you had 7 guys (so what... 7 times you still is you) available - good for you. now shut it.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekuScrubby View Post
Nothing on the referral program should become C-Store available. Reason: they're available by a different method. Pre-order bonuses aren't available at all any more and that's why they're being added.

I think the AGT Galaxy looks dumb anyway.
Except for the MU uniform every "bonus" item on the list of items being released to the C-Store is still available, either from a retail store or digital download.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
No, you obviously did not actually THINK when writing that.

You, like just about everyone like you miss the vital point of our complaints:

3.) Its incredibly unfair to those people who simply are not in the position to con (err... refer...) 5 people into this game.
The choice of a fully functioning, fan favorite ship that offers several special abilities is the main reason this is such an hotly discussed issue.

On top of a heckload of crpytic points they add a structurally (cloak, cannons, special weapon) superior ship.
Its not just a ship skin, or a slight modification of what everyone else has. Its a complete and total departure from what everyone else gets. Not to mention the fluff related (cloaks!!!!) problems it has:
Why can this ship mounts heavy cannons when everyone else is locked out?

4.) They cou'd have added a multitude of things instead a whole freaking ship.

a transwarp ability thats lets you choose the destination?
a boost to sectorspace speed?
eternally free respecs?
Bonus free play time?
Get all pre order perks and items? After all, those were done right - no major impact on the game.

I'd really like to see if the reffered people actually stay on longer than a month/60 days gtc time.

My suspicion is: they won't. Since they are no real referrals but a select number of people who forked over ~ 150$ to get this huge, 3 naccelled MacGuffn.

Job well done cryptic, bill ropers influence is strong in you.
your missing the point i made, if there were enough people out there who are dedicated to the game and every one of them were friends everyone would have the ship. there is absolutly NO reason cryptic should want hundreds perhaps thousands of these ships dominating the servers. if you want to cheat.. go spend the money yourself, if you want to actualy bring cryptic some revenue that they normaly wouldn't have find people who aren't your friends to give it a try, the 4 i have sent out accepted and signed up and i don't know them personaly.and your right about one thing though we usualy do try and get our friends to play with us(this is normal) and because the ship is a "reward" for signing up 5 people, it totaly is fair. and just because its a fan fav. ship is no excuse to whine about it..."oh its not fair, im not in the position to get it" "let me buy it or find some other way to get it." what makes you think your so mighty? if cryptic and many other mmo creators out there followed that model, they would just put everything on the c-store or give every promotional item or reward to everyone, and make the whole idea pointless.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
Yeah, you get to keep your friends!
This was a grinner
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-15-2010, 05:01 AM
Yea put the Galaxy-X in the C-Store.. your grabbing for money Cryptic.. there ya go..

So what if it ****es off the people that earned it by tricking friends.. you did the same to us lifers by giving our "exclusives" to anyone that plays for a few months.. and I forked out a heap of my own money to get it.. yet my rewards get given out to all.. do the same with the Galaxy-X.. either C-Store it or make it worth a hell of a lot of daily medals.. would make doing the dailies actually worth something at least !
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-15-2010, 05:02 AM
The server is up again. Lets see if our ship is available!

It seems like it's working!

The label changed from 1701 D to "Federation Dreadnaught Cruiser Reffferal" !!!
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-15-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
The server is up again. Lets see if our ship is available!

It seems like it's working!

The label changed from 1701 D to "Federation Dreadnaught Cruiser Reffferal" !!!
Ships are up hooray
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-15-2010, 08:18 AM
this whole thread is pointless when it comes to the Galaxy-X being put on the c-store.

1: there is no reason for it
2: if everyone was ment to have one, it would have either been in the game to begin with or already been in the c-store as a skin and upgrade for the curent 1701-D
3: just because you dont' want or can't get friends or others to play a game is no reason to whine and say "just let me buy it, others have it, i should get it too." what makes you so special?
4: the people who do get it either worked hard for it to get the referals or bought the game 5 times and payed for 5 months. thats worth a perk or two.
5: there have already been way to many "exclusives/bonus" that already mean absolutly nothing because of whiners that feel they should have it too given to them, the people who got them in the begining got it because either they were in a position to or like me support the game and also happen to be a collector or have the money to spend. but thats no reason to make every perk/bonus or reward available to everyone just because your unwilling or unable to fulfill the requirements for the perk/bonus/reward.
i petition for a dev/mod to close the thread.
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Considering they use "exclusive" referring to both Special Edition bonuses and the AGT Galaxy referal offer, I can see it being in C-Store within the next 3 months

And then we can have the discussion all over again.