Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
06-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Considering they use "exclusive" referring to both Special Edition bonuses and the AGT Galaxy referal offer, I can see it being in C-Store within the next 3 months

And then we can have the discussion all over again.
except the AGT galaxy you actualy have to do something for it. or cheat and buy the copies and 5 months yourself.

i still petition for thread closure.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devistator View Post
except the AGT galaxy you actualy have to do something for it. or cheat and buy the copies and 5 months yourself.

i still petition for thread closure.
You had to do something for the pre-order exclusives. Order a special edition. What makes you think the AGT G-X will stay "refer a friend" only?

Exclusive is all relative.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
You had to do something for the pre-order exclusives. Order a special edition. What makes you think the AGT G-X will stay "refer a friend" only?

Exclusive is all relative.
i don't but it just is such a waist otherwise, oooh, so ordering a special edition is the same as promoting the game? don't think so. mmm, spending your money is the same as having potentialy more players and thus more revenue for cryptic?

its a pointless disgussion, one way or the other people like the whiners are going to either get what they want, find a way around it and cheat or they won't.
but then again, its people like you that just "expect it to be so" and don't care that propogate pointless disgussions like this, its amazing how many people whine when they don't get what they expect out of a new game when it comes to rewards/bonus... oh sorry perhaps i should say entitlements in thier eyes.
look, no insult intended with this and im not trying to troll, its just a fact. if the AGT galaxy ends up in the c-store, it does, the whole point is that a reward today, purchased tomorow is, one, a bad business model, and two makes the whole point of a reward pointless, just like any other gold/credit/unit based mmo economy, you see an item on the exchange thats rare and everyone wants it, so what do people do, they go and buy the gold to get it, they didn't work for it or do what they should have to get it, they don't deserve it since they cheated.

i still petition for thread closure
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
its a pointless disgussion, one way or the other people like the whiners are going to either get what they want, find a way around it and cheat or they won't.
but then again, its people like you that just "expect it to be so" and don't care that propogate pointless disgussions like this, its amazing how many people whine when they don't get what they expect out of a new game when it comes to rewards/bonus... oh sorry perhaps i should say entitlements in thier eyes.
The whiners have already won. Look at the list of "exclusives" being offered on the C-Store. It's just a matter of time before they put the Galaxy-X up there.
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-15-2010, 09:59 PM
My ways of thinking have changed. Let it remain exclusive. The game needs something that actually REMAINS exclusive that people need to work hard for. Besides, it's not as if there's a time limit on getting friends ingame in order to actually get this thing, right? Point 2: In Season 2, the rank/skill cap is raised to 2 star Admiral / General. While this doesn't necessarily mean we'll get a new tier of starship, if there is an added tier, won't the T6 ships be better in some ways than the T5 AGT Galaxy?
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Quote:
this whole thread is pointless when it comes to the Galaxy-X being put on the c-store..
Your opinion.

1: there is no reason for it

There is, we want it, simple really.

2: if everyone was ment to have one, it would have either been in the game to begin with or already been in the c-store as a skin and upgrade for the curent 1701-D

Just like the life time sub & pre order "exclusives" huh ?

3: just because you dont' want or can't get friends or others to play a game is no reason to whine and say "just let me buy it, others have it, i should get it too." what makes you so special?

Or maybe we already have or tried to get our friends in game already, before this offer.. that or our friends can read reviews !

4: the people who do get it either worked hard for it to get the referals or bought the game 5 times and payed for 5 months. thats worth a perk or two.

Yea, gotta prove what an idiot you are if you spent your own money 5 times etc for a new ship

5: there have already been way to many "exclusives/bonus" that already mean absolutly nothing because of whiners that feel they should have it too given to them, the people who got them in the begining got it because either they were in a position to or like me support the game and also happen to be a collector or have the money to spend. but thats no reason to make every perk/bonus or reward available to everyone just because your unwilling or unable to fulfill the requirements for the perk/bonus/reward.

I agree, all my perks, rewards, exclusives etc are now up for anyone to have.. If I got bent over so much so can you guys we have all been crying for new ships for ages.. yet only a select few get one ?

At least put up a different ship that the masses can buy for a change, make everyone happy.. and get more money.. but that would have been a smart thing to do.. something ive not seen much of from this game

-i petition for a dev/mod to close the thread.

Why ? just cause you dont like it ?
Lt. Commander
It's quite simple, really. The Galaxy-X will remain a referral bonus until Cryptic decides they've milked it for as much as they can via that channel. At that point, they'll say "Look - many players want it, and for some the referral program isn't an option. So in the interests of making the most players happy, we're putting it in the C-Store. We're sorry if that upsets some people, and we certainly don't mean to do so, but we try and make the majority of our players happy, and this is the way forward. Thank you for your understanding."

Then it'll be in the C-Store for around the same price as the "classic" Enterprise.

It's work they'll have already done, and it'll make them money, so that's what they'll do. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-16-2010, 03:17 AM
just keep complaining about it not being a c-store item. get some friends to join your effort. keep at it for four months. and *poof* the exclusive ship will become a c-store option. Cryptic proven solution to your issue.
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deol
just keep complaining about it not being a c-store item. get some friends to join your effort. keep at it for four months. and *poof* the exclusive ship will become a c-store option. Cryptic proven solution to your issue.
yep, a compleate waste of time, effort and inteligence, no one can look but two feet in front of them, always what they want not whats good for the game. with all the greedy trolls its a wonder this game didn't go free to play with only a few quests and you have to pay for each quest an any upgrades in the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
yep, a compleate waste of time, effort and inteligence, no one can look but two feet in front of them, always what they want not whats good for the game. with all the greedy trolls its a wonder this game didn't go free to play with only a few quests and you have to pay for each quest an any upgrades in the c-store.
I dont see it as greed, I see it as a lack of fairness..

I have no prob with referals getting a new ship, but stick a different new ship up on the C Store for the rest and EVERYONE is happy.. well of course not everyone Cryptic gets extra money, as they will still get the same amount of work from players getting referals for that ship, and the money from everyone else buying the new ship.... but as I said above, that would be a smart thing to do IMO.

Theres no way I can get 5 referals, I got or tried to get all my friends in on the game way before this came out.. so im SOL

I guess not that it really matters, at some stage T6 ships will turn up and all this is a waste

They must really need subs though, look at the forums, populated by lifers