Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
06-16-2010, 10:33 AM
i don't see how someone willing or able to get new sub's getting a ship and others not isn't fair.
thats like saying someone who sits on thier a** and watches security cammera's all day should get paid the same as someone doing hard labor, what? the person sitting on his butt should get compensated for the hard laborer getting paid more? thats obserd.

as for the refferals getting the AGT galaxy being a waste when T6 ships come out, perhaps, but generaly its the avid trekies and collectors who will get them regardless.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
06-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devistator View Post
i don't see how someone willing or able to get new sub's getting a ship and others not isn't fair.
thats like saying someone who sits on thier a** and watches security cammera's all day should get paid the same as someone doing hard labor, what? the person sitting on his butt should get compensated for the hard laborer getting paid more? thats obserd.
What sort of idiotic example is that ? it doesnt even make any sense in this context

Im not saying that that referals getting a ship for themselves is unfair, I said whats unfair is that everyone else, including us lifers that preordered the game etc.. get no new ship but had all our so called excusives taken away and given to the masses... so at least they should have done another ship as well for the C Store. So then the referals still get the ship for themselves, and everyone else gets something new to play with.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Devistator View Post
as for the refferals getting the AGT galaxy being a waste when T6 ships come out, perhaps, but generaly its the avid trekies and collectors who will get them regardless.
Of course, read my previous post, that what I said, and if they offered another ship to keep the rest happy they would win both ways..

But meh..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
06-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Expired comment
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
06-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness01
What sort of idiotic example is that ? it doesnt even make any sense in this context

Im not saying that that referals getting a ship for themselves is unfair, I said whats unfair is that everyone else, including us lifers that preordered the game etc.. get no new ship but had all our so called excusives taken away and given to the masses... so at least they should have done another ship as well for the C Store. So then the referals still get the ship for themselves, and everyone else gets something new to play with.




Of course, read my previous post, that what I said, and if they offered another ship to keep the rest happy they would win both ways..

But meh..
that example makes plenty of sence, your still rewarding people who can't or won't do whats necisary to get the AGT galaxy, because the people who do, get it.

yes, i aagree that it's unfair that cryptic put our(lfers/pre-order) "exclusives" on the c-store. they shouldn't have done it, however, just because they did, is no reason to make yet another posible exclusive/reward a common item.
you do things often enough or that have enough of an impact on others and then it becomes expected, so because they put other exclusives/rewards on the c-store, everyone just says oh okay, why haven't you put the AGT galaxy on there, its not fair.

now, that being said.
IF, the underlining cause could actualy be split in two witch, im sorry to say, i dont' think it can.
say,
1: they shouldn't have put the exclusives on the c-store, we deserve compensation... a new ship would be nice...
2: cryptic gives the refferals (and only the refferals) the AGT galaxy

everyone has thier own oppinion on what is an apropriate compensation, it just wouldn't work, plenty of people would say, no, our exclusives are put on the c-store, we deserve the AGT too.
In any case, "hey, you gave that kid a cookie, i wan't one." "oh, here is a piece of gum" how do you think that kid getting the piece of gum would react if aparently they wanted the cookie?

and yes, i also take into consideration things like the captians table and so on will be available to non-lifers and that people think that is unfair too.

and let me be clear, im not saying that the events unfolding are proper or fair, im mearly saying that it's a never ending cycle once it's rolling and therefore cryptic should nip it in the bud and keep the AGT as refferal only, and if the people want a new ship to use, they should do whats necisary to get the AGT.
that way, when a new exclusive or reward comes out, people dont' complain about "oh, the refferal people got the AGT last time, make it so the refferal people can't get this one"

so in a nut shell:

refferal exclusives (only) get AGT - others are ****y
give others a new ship even if its a c-store item - people are ****y ( i want the AGT)
give the others nothing - refferals are happy
give the others exclusive(non-AGT) - you still have people who are ****y either way
give everyone the AGT(makes it non-exclusive) everyone is happy and makes the whole point of a reward pointless. i would like to mention that even from the begining cryptic said that in the future they were looking to add the pre-order stuff on the c-store. and im sure it will eventualy, at least in a bussiness model like thiers, the AGT will too, once a new exclusive comes around.

just nip it in the bud,
make one (or more, who knows) exclusive or hard to obtain item and keep it that way.
the people were warned that the pre-order might end up on the c-store (yes, pritty much made the point of pre-ordering pointless) but warned none the less, thats no reason to make the refferal reward equaly pointless.
it's the people who can't handle others getting something for what they do when they don't WANT to do it themselves and complain about not getting it that obliterate any reward system (in ANY game)
"oh the tangled webs we weave"
"thats not fair..." "no, it's not, but that's life"

by the way, i fail to see how rich, expensive, funny-shaped, yellow, eggy buns has to do with the dissgussion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
06-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Meh, agree to half disagree kinda then

Its all pointless anyway, it will end up in the C Store at some stage, prob when they come out with T6 ships and the T5's will just be a toy, kinda like adding the original Enterprise to the C Store now.. its useless to us that already have our chars at RA5 but there will be many that buy it for the sake of having it, im still ****ed though as that was one of the "exclusives" I got from the start....

Cryptic know this, and will abuse that fact like they did with all our so called excusives.. if they can do that to us that pre ordered and paid for the life time sub from the start, before even playing the game then they have no morals whatsoever when it comes to things like this so it will happen again will bend us all over for the sake of a few bucks more.

So pointless subject..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devistator View Post
by the way, i fail to see how rich, expensive, funny-shaped, yellow, eggy buns has to do with the dissgussion.
I agree, whats eating cake got to do with it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
06-18-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm not going to waste my time arguing with anyone but I'd like to make a couple points to any Cryptic employees who happen to see this:
  1. Recently, you made several bonus and promotional items non-exclusive and offered them in the C-Store. Your official explanation for this is a majority of players asked for this to happen and you listened. You did not listen to the minority who had these items and did not want them to be sold.

  2. All over the forums, players are discussing how to obtain the Galaxy-X the fastest. One known method is to buy retail boxes and subscriptions for yourself instead of inviting friends. Cryptic's policy on this is to accept payment even though these players are not participating in the RAF Program as it was designed. Therefore, Cryptic is indirectly selling the Galaxy-X instead of it being only a recruiting reward.

  3. From the moment the Galaxy-X was announced a majority of players wanted this ship to be non-exclusive to the RAF program. I now refer you back to Point #1.

Please make this happen and put the Galaxy-X in the C-Store as a majority of players have requested:
Galaxy-X Poll Thread
Galaxy-X Poll Link
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
06-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
I'm not going to waste my time arguing with anyone but I'd like to make a couple points to any Cryptic employees who happen to see this:
  1. Recently, you made several bonus and promotional items non-exclusive and offered them in the C-Store. Your official explanation for this is a majority of players asked for this to happen and you listened. You did not listen to the minority who had these items and did not want them to be sold.

  2. All over the forums, players are discussing how to obtain the Galaxy-X the fastest. One known method is to buy retail boxes and subscriptions for yourself instead of inviting friends. Cryptic's policy on this is to accept payment even though these players are not participating in the RAF Program as it was designed. Therefore, Cryptic is indirectly selling the Galaxy-X instead of it being only a recruiting reward.

  3. From the moment the Galaxy-X was announced a majority of players wanted this ship to be non-exclusive to the RAF program. I now refer you back to Point #1.

Please make this happen and put the Galaxy-X in the C-Store as a majority of players have requested:
Galaxy-X Poll Thread
Galaxy-X Poll Link
I was against the exclusives going into the cstore. As long as cryptic is going to keep using the cop out the majority of the playerbase wants it everything will sadly end up in the cstore because the have nots always outnumber the haves. The majority of your playerbase didn't want different exclusives tied to different versions of the game but you did it anyway so why do you claim the majority of the playerbase wants this and claim to listen to your players you didnt then?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
06-19-2010, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
I'm not going to waste my time arguing with anyone but I'd like to make a couple points to any Cryptic employees who happen to see this:
  1. Recently, you made several bonus and promotional items non-exclusive and offered them in the C-Store. Your official explanation for this is a majority of players asked for this to happen and you listened. You did not listen to the minority who had these items and did not want them to be sold.

  2. All over the forums, players are discussing how to obtain the Galaxy-X the fastest. One known method is to buy retail boxes and subscriptions for yourself instead of inviting friends. Cryptic's policy on this is to accept payment even though these players are not participating in the RAF Program as it was designed. Therefore, Cryptic is indirectly selling the Galaxy-X instead of it being only a recruiting reward.

  3. From the moment the Galaxy-X was announced a majority of players wanted this ship to be non-exclusive to the RAF program. I now refer you back to Point #1.

Please make this happen and put the Galaxy-X in the C-Store as a majority of players have requested:
Galaxy-X Poll Thread
Galaxy-X Poll Link

No doubt. I been thinking the same thing. The logic used to justify the stocking of the store was doomed to failure from the premise. Anyway, I'm waiting to see what Cryptic does as I want to see if it is inconsistent as a matter of policy, ignorance or convenience. I for one will toss a bone to them.

I'm willing to pay 5000 points for it right now. I bet others would be as well. Then maybe in thirty days drop the price by 1000 points and thirty days after that drop it 1000 again. Then leave it at 3000 points as the normal price. That way they can have promotional specials with it and what not as well as do the refer a friend plan. It is a win/win for everyone methinks. The situation really such for those of us that already brought our friends into the game (sadly many left but that is a different story). It would be nice if they let existing ACTIVE accounts become a refereed account but I guess that would be considering the players way to much....

BTW: If I am contacted by Cryptic within 24 hours of this post I will pay 10,000 points for it as I really hate to wait for anything. This is especially so when money (a tool) can grease the wheels so to speak. I really do hope it can be used as a tac ship or I wont be happy...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
06-19-2010, 07:48 AM
There are already dozens of people who spent time and money acquiring this ship. If this ship is to be available to the general populous via C-Store, then it should be available at least a year or two after its initial launch. I am still adamant that the ship shouldn't be available via C-Store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
06-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
There are already dozens of people who spent time and money acquiring this ship. If this ship is to be available to the general populous via C-Store, then it should be available at least a year or two after its initial launch. I am still adamant that the ship shouldn't be available via C-Store.
I agree with you in principle to be sure. However sadly enough, Cryptic seems to have a different principle it operates by with regards to exclusivity and limited bonuses.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:37 PM.