Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Open PvP would be tricky since sector space and instancing is hard to imagine pvp engagements.

The other part of participation is Feds or Klingons have to want to partake in a PvP zone. If there's no risk versus reward, the area will simply be as abandoned as most PvP queues. So there must be some special reward (like daily badges) to make it worth bothering with.

Truthfully, I think a PvP fleet action would be a good approach. You enter the map and it's simply open PvP. There would ideally be some objectives, similar to a resource war, but I'd rather it be first to 50 or some other "kill other players" objective.

And, each side should have a safe haven area so you can't get insta-gibbed and camped upon respawn.

To promote a "spread out" feeling and not just one big cluster of combat, the safe havens could be scattered around the zone, and could be faction controllable (for taking from one another). Think Salvage Operation...
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacatchman View Post

The other part of participation is Feds or Klingons have to want to partake in a PvP zone. If there's no risk versus reward, the area will simply be as abandoned as most PvP queues. So there must be some special reward (like daily badges) to make it worth bothering with.

Truthfully, I think a PvP fleet action would be a good approach. You enter the map and it's simply open PvP. There would ideally be some objectives, similar to a resource war, but I'd rather it be first to 50 or some other "kill other players" objective.

And, each side should have a safe haven area so you can't get insta-gibbed and camped upon respawn.

To promote a "spread out" feeling and not just one big cluster of combat, the safe havens could be scattered around the zone, and could be faction controllable (for taking from one another). Think Salvage Operation...
This is a good idea, or at least the start of one.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
in the latest state of game, craig mentions polls coming down the line, where by asking, which do you want, player generated content, persistent sector pvp, fleet starbases.

the planet building wasnt complicated either, you just selected a structure and clicked on the planet which you could rotate up down left or right and after a set of time passed, it was built. and it had a coherent build tree, like power plants, fighter base, etc etc...
Great Idea's, my idea would be stop the zerg respawns would add "semi" pernament dmg when you respawn you dont get all your hull back your ship is "Patched" together. To get fully healed you need to go to a star base that has a shipyard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda
Eve Online is that way ->
Your an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
Laid out some ideas here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=154763

But the gist is to turn the Eta Iridani sector block into an open PvP zone. (Move the Fed PvE mission at Donatu to another sector.)

Fleets could gather resources and make supply runs to build/reinforce stations, systems would be protected by said fleet stations, and could incorporate Capture the Flag style gameplay both on stations and down on planets.
As stated in your thread, I love alot of your idea's in your post.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Remove all the pvp maps for neutral zone and make that zone a pvp contested persistant zone and not the silly map pvps.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-27-2010, 03:59 AM
i think a system like it is/was in Dark age of Camelot work here in STO too ...

a open sector with Starbase/planets to raid .. and a little bonus if you own more than the enemy ..

this system you can raise up if more factions implent to the game

enter the system means you are pvp flagget .. maybe a save zone at the entrance

dont know

7 SB/planet for every faction .. two faction 14 .. three 21 and and ...

and sorry for my bad engl
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-27-2010, 05:55 AM
If (God I pray) Cryptic starts a more open-pvp with persistant enviroments, then they Dev's may wish to put some semi-permanent Federation and other faction NPC vessels in the zones to bring a sense of "fleetness" to the enviroment and add some AI help to the local combat that may be going on.
These friendly/nonfriendly vessels could be programmed to run the occassional attack on enemy bases and such, or used by the dev's to assist one faction or another during big events.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-29-2010, 12:04 AM
i recon a persistent contest area for pvp would be awseome, even throwing in some PvE quests in to that area with high rewards could also work (ie. there is a risk they can get sucked in to a PvP mission, hence the greater rewards for missions).

and some persistent effect on the world, like a call might go out to all klingons and federation to join in to some random battle in that sector, you can say yeah and you'll transwarp there for a massive PvP mission.

possibly even some world wide effects, ie. the team that holds the sector gets some form of cheaper items or something.