Lt. Commander
# 1 Bye Sto
05-23-2010, 01:52 AM
No one knows me, but I waited a long time to get to play my free trial.

I had high hopes and big expectations for this game, having heard it go from whisper to rumor to beta to launch.

I got a trial key from a friend and heres the life cycle I went through.

Spent a good poriton of the day downloading the game and setting up my account.

Logged in, no sound...guess theres a problem with Windows XP 64 Bit Edition and sound...searched the forums for 10 minutes or so...fixed the problem! no big deal there.

Got in the game to start playin my free trial, did a mission or 2...took me about 20 minutes and then *HALT*

You must pay to continue...i thought what the hell...i play for 20 minutes...do like 1-2 ground fights and 1-2 space fights and thats it...?

I know u guys gunna think...oh what do u expect for a free trial you big baby...but lets recap here..

4-6 hours download, setup account 10 minutes, troubleshoot and fix sound problem 10 minutes, play game 20 minutes...and u expect me to be salivating and givin u my credit card?

thanks but no thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2010, 02:19 AM
meh, long download times always scare off alot of people.

although, having to download the full game for a 20 minute demo is pretty lame.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2010, 02:28 AM
why you saying bye you never arrived lock this thread please
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-23-2010, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeboboy View Post
why you saying bye you never arrived lock this thread please
He's got a fricken' point though, if true. I would call it stupid play of the month. Maybe WGN can air it as a blooper reel, right up there with the Heidi Bowel.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2010, 03:41 AM
Why didn't you download the DEMO version? That takes about 10 mins to download.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-23-2010, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackaveli
No one knows me, but I waited a long time to get to play my free trial.

I had high hopes and big expectations for this game, having heard it go from whisper to rumor to beta to launch.

I got a trial key from a friend and heres the life cycle I went through.

Spent a good poriton of the day downloading the game and setting up my account.

Logged in, no sound...guess theres a problem with Windows XP 64 Bit Edition and sound...searched the forums for 10 minutes or so...fixed the problem! no big deal there.

Got in the game to start playin my free trial, did a mission or 2...took me about 20 minutes and then *HALT*

You must pay to continue...i thought what the hell...i play for 20 minutes...do like 1-2 ground fights and 1-2 space fights and thats it...?

I know u guys gunna think...oh what do u expect for a free trial you big baby...but lets recap here..

4-6 hours download, setup account 10 minutes, troubleshoot and fix sound problem 10 minutes, play game 20 minutes...and u expect me to be salivating and givin u my credit card?

thanks but no thanks
of course the solution to your upsetting long download time vs short play time is buy a sub youve already downloaded the full game you might as well .

Quote:
Originally Posted by reclusive46 View Post
Why didn't you download the DEMO version? That takes about 10 mins to download.
didnt know there was one . learn something new
Closed Thread