Lt. Commander
I don't understand why no one seems to use plasma weapons. Maybe I'm just a DoT-obsessed noob, but DoT procs seem more worth it than 5-second "system offline" procs, and they supposedly do the same DPS. I can understand not using plasma torps since they're so slow, but personally I love my plasma beams.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameisonic View Post
I don't understand why no one seems to use plasma weapons. Maybe I'm just a DoT-obsessed noob, but DoT procs seem more worth it than 5-second "system offline" procs, and they supposedly do the same DPS. I can understand not using plasma torps since they're so slow, but personally I love my plasma beams.
hmmm... after a certain level, I actually prefer tetryon weapons, but I can definitely see the advantage in plasma weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Tetryon weapons are nice too. I've got one beam array in an aft slot on my cruiser and I'll probably add another if I get one from a drop.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2010, 10:12 PM
I like plasma and know enough others using them, too. I don't really think its underused.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2010, 10:22 PM
I think the main reason they're probably underused is because in PvP the dot is so easy to get rid of via Hazard emitters. In PvE the dot has more value but only in an extended fight.

I've developed a fondness myself for Tetryon weapons of late. But I can see why many stick with Phasers since the skill is so much cheaper to raise.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-21-2010, 11:29 PM
plasma rocks.... spewing green burning death to all...... gotta have it... purple plasma even better...

Napoleon BlownApart
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2010, 02:42 AM
Borg use plasma weapons.

Most people who run STFs pick shields with the [Pla] attribute that lowers plasma damage by 20% at Mk X.

I think you can draw the connections from there.

Personally, I'm [Dis][Pla] on my shields. It's great to see klingon disruptors get nerfed 20% damage.

Toss in a hull with Plasma resist (i forget the name) and you've got a winner.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-22-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
plasma rocks.... spewing green burning death to all...... gotta have it... purple plasma even better...

Napoleon BlownApart
LOL and here I was about comment on the thread saying I use plasma a lot lately because I enjoy shooting aqua blue burning death beams at bad guys.

Green, blue, either way...PRETTY COLORS THAT KILL STUFF! yay!

I also enjoy tetryon because it eats away shields and looks cool visually. Polaron likewise looks great, but either I am missing something or the performance just never seems quite up to par imo. Just, damn, disco purple death rays. That rocks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-22-2010, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

It's great to see klingon disruptors get nerfed 20% damage.
Damn right.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-22-2010, 02:53 AM
I'm a big proponent of the Tetryon Weapons but they don't scale well to RA (aside from my Polarized Tetryon Weapon which has a 10% critical rate).

After the next season, I'm switching to polaron, since I'll have points to invest in that tree. (Energy Drain is awesome).