Lt. Commander
HI all,

There has been a lot of talk about 'sidekicking' of lower levels to higher level missions which is great. But what about when I - as a RA - want to help out my Lt or LTC friend?

I think that there should be a mechanic that 'reduces' my power to similar level, because obviously it's no fun for my friend if I waltz in and one shot all mobs. I could take a lower tier ship - but to be honest I didn't leave them as they were when I last flew them - I stripped them of blues and greens that I had got to put in the new ship until I got the new level stuff. They mainly have a few white bits and pieces now. Plus I've respecced into different weapons meaning they'd be all but useless.

Bar properly fitting out a T2 or T3 ship - any way around this?

Jo
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johhanne View Post
HI all,

There has been a lot of talk about 'sidekicking' of lower levels to higher level missions which is great. But what about when I - as a RA - want to help out my Lt or LTC friend?

I think that there should be a mechanic that 'reduces' my power to similar level, because obviously it's no fun for my friend if I waltz in and one shot all mobs. I could take a lower tier ship - but to be honest I didn't leave them as they were when I last flew them - I stripped them of blues and greens that I had got to put in the new ship until I got the new level stuff. They mainly have a few white bits and pieces now. Plus I've respecced into different weapons meaning they'd be all but useless.

Bar properly fitting out a T2 or T3 ship - any way around this?

Jo
If it works like another Cryptic game, City of Heroes, the squad system ( generally referred to as sidekicking) would match levels with the mission owner. Higher levels are "exemplared" down to match a lower level mission owner while lower levels are "sidekicked" up to be -1 to the higher level mission owner.

How the actual mechanic will work in this game with ships and will be interesting: Ground abilities / hit -points etc. should be straight forward scaling by tier. Ships scaling will be a different thing as ships at higher tiers have more slots for consoles and BO's, and higher rank BO skills, [as well as the shield and weapon strengths which could be scaled. ] They may just scale the skills and strengths, and it would be up to the player if they want to go a step further and play with a lower tier ship when "exemplaring".