Lt. Commander
# 1 How NPCs Address you
05-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Well we have all been complaining about there are too many admirals and such.

What I would like to suggest is that NPCs address you depending on what your title is set too.

For Example my character which is called Prevail has her title set to 'Captain'

When I speak to an NPC I always get "Greetings Admiral" which is a bit wrong if your title is set to Captain. If I am Admiral rank I should have the skills and ships which are given to Admirals but if I decide to keep my Title as Captain then the NPCs should really be saying "Greetings Captain" or "Greetings Commander" etc.

Maybe this would fix the whole "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ADMIRALS?!"

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2010, 08:25 AM
I am in complete support with this suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2010, 08:28 AM
I've always wondered why fresh cadets and ensigns at Sol Station are calling me by my first name instead of rank.

What happened to fraternization? Did Wesley or any "redshirt" ever address the Captain as Jean-Luc?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-23-2010, 08:33 AM
I think this is a very elegent fix that should make most people on both sides of the debate happy. It may even be relatively easy to do, too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Honestly, I thought that's what the title would do when I first started. After I noticed it did not, I wondered why even have titles?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Prevail

What I would like to suggest is that NPCs address you depending on what your title is set too.

When I speak to an NPC I always get "Greetings Admiral" which is a bit wrong if your title is set to Captain. If I am Admiral rank I should have the skills and ships which are given to Admirals but if I decide to keep my Title as Captain then the NPCs should really be saying "Greetings Captain" or "Greetings Commander" etc.

Maybe this would fix the whole "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ADMIRALS?!"

Thanks
I do agree that this should be done, however I don't think that's what people mean when they say there are too many admirals. In my opinion they are complaining about the fact that so many people have reached the end-game and are all ranked as Admiral. Changing your title doesn't change your rank.

Either way, this would be a cool feature and probably should be implemented.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2010, 09:41 AM
It depends on whether I am interacting with the NPC as the person that is in charge of a spaceship or as a minion in Starfleet or the Klingon Fleet. If it is the former them they should address me as Capitan if it is the latter then they should use my rank.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Great idea!
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-23-2010, 09:49 AM
what bugs me is they dont even get out of your way if im captain rank then they should atleast stand to one side as i walk
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Prevail

Thanks
I agree! I've been wanting this for a long time. It can't be too hard, right? Just change the variable from the player rank to the player's title...