Lt. Commander
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Inf...=113&Itemid=93 look at this demo tech if you can join with them man now that is startrek exploring a planet and space so detailed and you can startrek better watch the demo best work i have ever seen
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2010, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romulan-steel View Post
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Inf...=113&Itemid=93 look at this demo tech if you can join with them man now that is startrek exploring a planet and space so detailed and you can startrek better watch the demo best work i have ever seen
This is assuming their alpha tech is compatible with Cryptic's released tech. It would be great to see that diversity and scale mixed with Cryptic art team's knack for detail.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2010, 05:06 AM
Yep that tech is nice... will it happen in a Star Trek Game (doesnt even have to be an MMO)?
not for another 10-20 years.
Will it happen in STO? pff...lol.... no... Cryptic is to proud of their own Engine that they would even consider to go for something like that.

...most Star Trek Ships cant land on Planets so this engine would not be very benefitial, of course if we had working Shuttles?...

naah not going to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Not gonna happen.....ever.

Theres not a single MMO in the history of gaming that has switched to an entirely different engine and remade 90% of the game AFTER LAUNCH.

So yeah, maybe in a future Trek game, but never in STO, sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2010, 05:56 AM
I saw that things here were scaled as they should have been in this game. That is what i call a game engine for space flight.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-23-2010, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
...most Star Trek Ships cant land on Planets so this engine would not be very benefitial, of course if we had working Shuttles?...

There's more and more with landing capability, but it's just not used that often to make ship landings beneficial in the slightest. Even the use of shuttles isn't so great that there would be much call for it.

I could see this engine being used for Star Wars, or Wing Commander, or or something where there's a lot of single-seat craft. But Star Trek, it's just too much buck for the bang.

Oh! An MMO version of Star Raiders! There we go!
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Nice looking demo,but I balk at the phrase, " still very much a work in progress".
I'm tired of PR hype and false-promises.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
This is assuming their alpha tech is compatible with Cryptic's released tech. It would be great to see that diversity and scale mixed with Cryptic art team's knack for detail.

No,please dont let Cryptic get their hands on it...they WILL DESTROY IT...
Leave that alone man...
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
Yep that tech is nice... will it happen in a Star Trek Game (doesnt even have to be an MMO)?
not for another 10-20 years.
Will it happen in STO? pff...lol.... no... Cryptic is to proud of their own Engine that they would even consider to go for something like that.

~

Yeah cryptic is soo proud of their CRAPPY engine.
Well it's not all bad...if we were in 2001!!!
Wait what am i saying....everything that cryptic does is so AWSOME,their engine is AWSOME,they are so creative an talented...they are the BEST game producers out there!!!
Sarcasm asside now...i do beleive if i continue to repeat that to myself i will eventually start to beleive it,
and enjoy STAR ONLINE
(Note: i did not forget the Trek, in there,The game is just NOT STAR TREK,at least the STAR part they got right,so it's not all bad)
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bew_archer View Post

No,please dont let Cryptic get their hands on it...they WILL DESTROY IT...
Leave that alone man...
Like they destroyed Champions by making it the opposite of suck since launch?