Lt. Commander
# 1 Console Question for Devs
05-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Short and Sweet...

Does anyone know when we might be getting access to rare or very rare consoles?
My ship is fully outfitted in very rare weapons and I love it! It's just that annoying shade of green from the devices downwards on my ship status window lol
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Some can be purchased via exploration badges or PVP marks. But the selection is limited, at best. Most are loot drops only.

But, in truth, there is little reason to bother with blue or purple consoles. Console stats are capped. So the only benefit youll get from purple gear is to reach the cap at a lower equipment level.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2010, 01:59 PM
sorry I guess I should specify... I meant at top end. Right now the only Mk X consoles you can get are green ones.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Yes, i understand. but a mkx green is at the cap. What would be the point of a mkx blue or purple if they have the same cap and therefore the same stats as a green console.

You wont have a console higher then +30, or +15 for science consoles (although this is due to change with the next major patch)

The only benefit of getting a purple or blue console is to have the same stats as a mkx green at mk 8 or 9.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
Yes, i understand. but a mkx green is at the cap. What would be the point of a mkx blue or purple if they have the same cap and therefore the same stats as a green console.
I could be reading the OP wrong, but near as I can tell the OP would still want them, since they'd be colored purple and would "look" better in his paper doll screen as all would be the same color of puprle. I think the OP's going for a specific aesthetic?

Now granted, I totally understand your point. And I most likely agree with you and what you're saying. But if I read that first post right, I think that might be something the OP would overlook just to get the colors all matching?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Console stats stack... ergo if you have 2 consoles of the same kind their bonuses will add up to more than just one alone (with some diminishing returns of course). So for example +30 phasers isn't the "cap" because when you equip 3-4 of them you get ever increasing benefits. So what I'm asking is when are we gonna see blue and purple Mk X consoles that give us more than +15sci and +30 everything else...
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakyre View Post
So what I'm asking is when are we gonna see blue and purple Mk X consoles that give us more than +15sci and +30 everything else...
Oh. I did totally misread you then. That's an easy question to answer. Season 2.0 has on its notes in the engineering report that new levels are coming out. And it's been hinted that level 51 may exist. In some form. And when that happens, new MK XI and MK XII equipment will come out with higher stat blocks.

So July-August would be the target area for this to happen at the earliest.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-23-2010, 03:28 PM
ah ok thx I was thinking the same thing about it happening when 2.0 came out, I just wasn't sure.