Lt. Commander
# 31
06-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Nah, it works great for me. Torpedo Spread is usually my finisher or my high dps move. With me, if it was any more powerful, it would kill the enemy in 1 hit!
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-07-2010, 10:55 PM
That works well, when shield and hull strength of the opponent is very, very, very low...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Frag101
Nah, it works great for me. Torpedo Spread is usually my finisher or my high dps move. With me, if it was any more powerful, it would kill the enemy in 1 hit!
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-12-2010, 02:04 PM
I agree with the OP, Topedo Spread should be usable with or without a target. They should be more accurate when locked onto a target. Respectively, they should have a wider spread but do less damage when nothing is targeted for flushing out cloaked ships.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Think about it, if Torpedo Spread tracked, it would be HYT. Unfortunatly, they created a special for which there is very limited occurences or a proper mechanic for its use.

Its not that Torpedo Spread is wrong or needs changes...what is needed is enough fidelity in game features to utilize it well.

Torpedo Spread should be used like a depth charge spread against cloaked ships whom you are unable to get a target lock on, but you are able to get a pretty good indirect fix on its approximate location. Problem in game, you cant get indirect fixes, you cant plot a point in space to fire at, you arent able to treat Spreads and HYT ability as variants of the same BO skills. So you are forced to choose one highly situtational portion of what should be all grouped together as a singular skill.

Torpedo Spread could be used for those intermittent locks on a cloaked vessel, but why use Spread when HYT directly impacts the target(which is much better).

So, outside of quickly dispatching groups of fighters, the devs created an improperly isolated special which is a duck out of water for the combast mechanics available in game. Can it collapse a Tyken's Rift?, Can it be used as a bore-sight fired projectile with a proximity fuse? Can the tactical officer even have the common sense to fire the spread on an intercept course of the target based on last recorded direction and velocity just prior to firing? If none of those is yes, then you fell for an in-game combat feature gimmick...because what else has or would a spread have ever been used for? Its certainly isnt for a tracking shot to the target...because thats what a normal/HYT salvo is.
In Star trek Nemesis they dumb fire the phasers to try to lock onto the Scimitar they should have a power called phaser sweep that fires phasers randomly in a 360 degree to try and catch cloaked ships.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
In Star trek Nemesis they dumb fire the phasers to try to lock onto the Scimitar they should have a power called phaser sweep that fires phasers randomly in a 360 degree to try and catch cloaked ships.
I wish Beam Fire At Will would do this.