Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
05-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Picard....

Did you ever get a response from a DEV, I didn't!

So there you have it folks, been days now. I would say that shows there is credence to this thread! It is looking like I will have to call billing after all.

Like I won't put the results in this thread. What all am I asking about folks? What items? I need a list.

I will ask what items are still available for "grabs", and which ones I qualify for. Then I will make a thread on those items, and that contacting billing gets them.

I will include CC's of all correspondence. (Or a DEV could make this easier, and just post!)

I bet THAT happens
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Hey All!

I apologize, but naturally I am unable to share the particular details surrounding correspondence with one of our customers. However, on a more high level note, I am able to share the following:

1.) The Liberated Borg Captain is for pre-order Lifetime customers
2. ) Our Support Team only grants items to players when they should have received the item, but did not (generally due to some technical issue)
3.) We care very much about our players. We care about individuals, but we also care about being fair to our player base as a whole.
4.) The OP earned the unlock through legitimate means.

In the event that a player tries to scam us, we will generally place their account on a temporary suspension. As always, if the account has a history of previous disciplinary actions, the penalty is increased accordingly.

-Destra

They are very selective in granting Lifetime Borg retroactively, after reading this Thread i tried to submit a Ticket since i tried to buy the Lifetime Subscription ~ 30-31.January with my Credit Card, unfortunately Barclaybank suspected Credit Card Fraud and "Locked" my Credit Card Instataneously (there *must* be records aomewhere in the billing departement) , i was unable to get my Card "back to working condition" during the weekend.
So i tried it now in hope to get at least the Borg.
All i got was this:
Quote:
Update, Unfortunately we are unable to assist you in this request, the pre-order lifetime subscription offer ended 11:59 February 1st 2010 PST. If you have any further questions regarding your account then please contact us again. Regards, Cryptic Studios Support
*sigh* so no Liberated Borg for me.
(seems that the case of Cryptic not "trustwothy" enough to cause my Bank to Lock my Credit Card isn't Case No 2 "technical issue")
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
Picard....

Did you ever get a response from a DEV, I didn't!

So there you have it folks, been days now. I would say that shows there is credence to this thread! It is looking like I will have to call billing after all.

Like I won't put the results in this thread. What all am I asking about folks? What items? I need a list.

I will ask what items are still available for "grabs", and which ones I qualify for. Then I will make a thread on those items, and that contacting billing gets them.

I will include CC's of all correspondence. (Or a DEV could make this easier, and just post!)

I bet THAT happens
I PM'd Destra for clarification the same day you did and this far have not been responded too.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-25-2010, 10:29 AM
I PM'ed phoxe who directed me to send to another E-mail that just gave me this generic reply...

Quote:
Thank you for sending us an email with your concerns!

The Liberated Borg is currently only available as a benefit to players who
pre-ordered a Lifetime Subscription to Star Trek Online. Although Lifetime
Subscriptions are still being made available for purchase, they no longer come
with the limited edition Liberated Borg.

You may be able to find assistance with similar questions by seeking out the
assistance of other players in game or visiting the official forums which can
be reached through the Community link at the top of the launcher.

Thank you for playing!
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I PM'ed phoxe who directed me to send to another E-mail that just gave me this generic reply...
But a generic reply that contains the word 'only' in there. So that does provide some clarity that Pre-Order is the only legitimate way to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Still no response to my mail. AND no response in the thread...

What's going on here DEVs? What are the other ways for getting the Borg Captain, since I have established that pre-ordering the LT is NOT the only way to get the LT Borg.
It's unlikely you're getting a response, as it appears that you are demanding for 'private' communications between Cryptic and a customer...
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-25-2010, 04:08 PM
They might have also received it because the LIFETIME PRE-ORDER was UNAVAILABLE because they purchased their PREORDER copy from a brick and mortar store like Gamestop.

Many Gamestops did NOT hand out the pre-order codes for Star Trek Online even when a person pre-ordered it MONTHS prior to the release.

Store reps a lot of times are uneducated or did not receive any allotment of codes.

You HAD to have a pre-order code in order to participate in the Liberated Borg Captain preorder.

You can't fault that person for that if that is the case and they purchased a lifetime the first week of the game's launch.

There were CLEARLY major issues with it prior to launch and thus they might have made adjustments accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
It's unlikely you're getting a response, as it appears that you are demanding for 'private' communications between Cryptic and a customer...
Well, considering I told them NOT to divulge that information

Just divulge the other ways to get the liberated Borg, because all THREE of my examples DID NOT PRE ORDER the lifetime sub.

How did they get the Borg? Only a DEV can answer that, and THAT is why they are not in this thread. Because all answers lead to a sticky situation.

1 They will have to take back Borgs

2 They will let them keep Borgs (upsetting lifers)

3 They will do nothing <--Most likely

Number 3 has the least amount of flak, because we are left "wondering". Needless to say, I am watching the threads like a hawk now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
They might have also received it because the LIFETIME PRE-ORDER was UNAVAILABLE because they purchased their PREORDER copy from a brick and mortar store like Gamestop.
This is NOT the case, please read the linked threads.
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Wow, an invisible thread!!!!!

Interesting, guess there is clout to this after all. Never got a response from the PM's, though if people were reading the thread there was another type of response.

So there you have it, grab your free Borg!

Oh, and I bet someone goes on vacation again...Disneyland was awesome! (For those that wondered)
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Wow, an invisible thread!!!!!

Interesting, guess there is clout to this after all. Never got a response from the PM's, though if people were reading the thread there was another type of response.

So there you have it, grab your free Borg!

Oh, and I bet someone goes on vacation again...Disneyland was awesome! (For those that wondered)
Well, not exactly free, you still need to have a lifetime sub to get that.. And are lifetime subs still avaible?! Geesh.....
Closed Thread