Lt. Commander
Well i hope after all this post mine will be reed

Short term

-Being able to explore all your ship see the engine room the diner room , holodeck etc and really sit on your captain chair.
- Random events in the ship to repair it with some sort of mini games and having the option to just let the crew repair it
-if possible to be able to revisit the systems you already have in missions in every sector block

Mid term

- Insert some sort of random encounter ,when you are exploring clusters , with races that have no universal translator and make some sort of mini game to see if you can translate what their are saying , this will give some interesting part in the diplomatic part of the game.
- Also the option of finding pre warp civilizations to visit them with out interfering. , so for the idea try to scan something with out being seen etc , like an infiltration game.
-Creat some huge zone of exploration (deep space zones) where you can engage combat with other factions.

I dont like to give names but if you know free realms even if the game is not great it give a total different point of view for in game mini games.

Long term

- Something that only one of the first mmo did and was one of the greatest options ever, it is the option to buy a house and place it in the game (this is from ultima online) , of curse in sto a house wont be realy intelligent but give the option to colonies a planet in any cluster and pin them and being able to visit see how it advance , help them in random attacks or diplomatic situations etc , or for fleets being able to install starbases , this would make sto the best game ever.

-Some sort of contested sector block that factions can fight for it and gain control , ( for example 10 systems , if one faction capture one it get bloqued 1 hour and if the faction capture them all the block control pas to that faction for 4 hours or so and the faction can do some special fleet action or stf or data gathering etc. (this is one of the best feature of warhammer online )

- This option i think would be great , ship take over , the idea is to disable the enemy ship in deap space pvp and in missions and beam down to enemy ship and have some minute to take over the enemy ship with your your team against the enemy away team , if you do it you win extra merit or special prices etc , if you dont get to capture it the other ship just escape from you.

- To revise type weapon system it is not normal that every type do the same damage and all be in a different tier , and also revise the shield properties if you really try to find differences in many of them there is no point of buying most of them because you have the same in different type of shield and can even be best with some reg cap extra options

- One more thing i forgot if you bye a runabout it should not be an extra ship but give you the option to left your ship in orbit and go down a planet in it , this is a little silly but it would be really nice change

I hope that my umble opinion will be read by mithic and with some luck maybe apply some of my ideas
Cya all and kip on the good work
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Give us a meaningfull persistant war! Open faction vs faction PvP sectors (seperate from PvE sectors).

This person had a great idea here http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=154763 .

This would give both factions years of content for the same development time that players are burning through in days or weeks. This would also give players something to do while they are comming up with decent PvE.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulcatar
Well i hope after all this post mine will be reed

Short term

-Being able to explore all your ship see the engine room the diner room , holodeck etc and really sit on your captain chair.
- Random events in the ship to repair it with some sort of mini games and having the option to just let the crew repair it
-if possible to be able to revisit the systems you already have in missions in every sector block

Mid term

- Insert some sort of random encounter ,when you are exploring clusters , with races that have no universal translator and make some sort of mini game to see if you can translate what their are saying , this will give some interesting part in the diplomatic part of the game.
- Also the option of finding pre warp civilizations to visit them with out interfering. , so for the idea try to scan something with out being seen etc , like an infiltration game.
-Creat some huge zone of exploration (deep space zones) where you can engage combat with other factions.
A lot of that stuff is already in development in one stage or another.

Quote:
- To revise type weapon system it is not normal that every type do the same damage and all be in a different tier ,
This design is on purpose. It is in place to control mudflation. By linking weapon damage to tier progression, rather than what most people are used to, they've actually created a far more balanced loot system. The player choices (most notably skill point allocation) creates the difference in damage output. Not the weapons themselves. This creates a slower, much easier to control progression of loot. And thus helps the long-term evolution of the game. Since you placed this in "long-term" I felt the need to point out that on this particular point, you're 180 degrees off.

Quote:
- One more thing i forgot if you bye a runabout it should not be an extra ship but give you the option to left your ship in orbit and go down a planet in it , this is a little silly but it would be really nice change
A runabout is not a shuttle. Slight differences, and Runabouts might seem like bigger shuttles, but they really are their own type of ship. They got it right with Runabouts.