Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Part 2 (please no name calling)

I want this ship SO much, especially since it is Tier 5. Finding 5 people who want to play this game and then convincing them to go and buy it and subscribe for months at a time is a tall order. But this was a clever scheme, because you have got me addicted to attempting to somehow earn this ship by any means necessary.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willriker09 View Post
Part 2 (please no name calling)

I want this ship SO much, especially since it is Tier 5. Finding 5 people who want to play this game and then convincing them to go and buy it and subscribe for months at a time is a tall order. But this was a clever scheme, because you have got me addicted to attempting to somehow earn this ship by any means necessary.
Its pointless now, Cryptic have made their stance clear on the situation.

If you want it, cough up $200 or find 5 folks to go in the offer. Cryptic dont care either way beyond getting their money.

However, dont be too eager to buy into their 'exclusives' ... Cryptic's definition of 'Exclusive' is open to interpretation on its duration.

Unless of course... a Cryptic representative wants to provide an official response on that definition ?

The MU Uniform, Liberated Borg, Galaxy-X and whatever future 'exclusives' could avoid similar heated arguments over having them released by such a response.

Probability of a response: Unlikely
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willriker09 View Post
Part 2 (please no name calling)

I want this ship SO much, especially since it is Tier 5. Finding 5 people who want to play this game and then convincing them to go and buy it and subscribe for months at a time is a tall order. But this was a clever scheme, because you have got me addicted to attempting to somehow earn this ship by any means necessary.
Work hard and anything is possible, every major company uses referrals and most MMO have a recruit-a-friend program. With hard work, dedication and the belief that STO is a good game, you can get others to play, the thing is; if you don't convince people that you think it is a good game, it's unlikely they will want to move past the demo.

I'm up to 7 upgraded accounts at the moment and I am hoping all of them subscribe past the 30 days, if not I'll be forced to likely shell out $15 for each one that doesn't; just to get my ship.

I think it should remain exclusive though, this way you do not see EVERYONE flying it around. It's meant to be a symbol of hard work and dedication or alternatively, a symbol of your wallet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-22-2010, 12:22 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Just wait, and contact billing.

It has been shown that this is all that will need to be done to be in the Galaxy X.

At least one other member used this tactic to get the Borg Captain, and I have heard it works on the other "exclusive" items as well.

Just send some correspondence to billing, they will make sure all is well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
Just wait, and contact billing.

It has been shown that this is all that will need to be done to be in the Galaxy X.
As some one who has told people "No you do not qualify" throughout every promotion we have had so far I assure you this does not work as well as you hope.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-23-2010, 01:33 AM
I would just like my 'Offer Cancelled' bug fixed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-23-2010, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
As some one who has told people "No you do not qualify" throughout every promotion we have had so far I assure you this does not work as well as you hope.
Might want to check this thread out:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=158839

OP calls billing, asks for Borg, gets Borg (Captain)

(Or did the qualifications for the Borg Captain change? If so, why the silence? If so, when does the Galaxy X change?)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-23-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
Might want to check this thread out:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=158839

OP calls billing, asks for Borg, gets Borg (Captain)

(Or did the qualifications for the Borg Captain change? If so, why the silence? If so, when does the Galaxy X change?)
I am well aware of that situation. My point still stands though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
Its pointless now, Cryptic have made their stance clear on the situation.
....

Unless of course... a Cryptic representative wants to provide an official response on that definition ?

The MU Uniform, Liberated Borg, Galaxy-X and whatever future 'exclusives' could avoid similar heated arguments over having them released by such a response.

Probability of a response: Unlikely
Their stance is indeed clear, as their only offical response to vocal and numerous protests was for Dstahl to come and drop details on how cool the ship is going to be (and dismiss us as a the 'regularly scheduled riot'), and then circular-file all the complaints and dissent into a "feedback" forum, where (despite promises to the contrary), no constructive or useful replies from cryptic have been made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojen
oh good another pointless thread there are at least two of these on the front page alone let it go
We'll 'let it go' when a satisfactory resolution is made. Or even a serious attempt on Cryptic's part to even acknowledge there's a problem, maybe.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:27 PM.