...rock'n'roll
...heavy metal
...the internet
...furry-fandom

Glad to have them all.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-26-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't understand the desire to play a race that was only onscreen for a few secons each in two movies, and animated back in the early '70s. I mean I understand the whole Wilma/Betty Dilemna, but cat people?
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremor
All this demonized things...

...radio broadcasting
...television
...rock'n'roll
...heavy metal
...the internet
...furry-fandom

Glad to have them all.
Love your avatar, implied face palm.

Really though, are they canceled, or are people just hating?

2 C-store items I've looking forward to since February. Comet class and Caitains. Both were promised back in February. There was an image of the comet class back in February, but every ship type has had it's variant with the exception of (drum roll please) the comet class.

Caitians were a very sought after federation species an a species that appeared in a total of 4 episodes (not including their freighter) was included before caitians, who had a com operator on the enterprise.

People will have to excuse me if I'm a tad bit passionate about this, they're only the only 2 C-store items I've been looking forward to since launch. It's not like they haven't releases every other species in the gallaxy yet, though they almost released every ship type, but, so far.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Whoa, Superchum was just messing with you...thus his liberal use of winky smileys at the end of his post.

Don't have a....kitten. :p

The developer has gone to great lengths to reassure the community of their availability, to include discussing its tail animations.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt_LSF
I don't understand the desire to play a race that was only onscreen for a few secons each in two movies, and animated back in the early '70s. I mean I understand the whole Wilma/Betty Dilemna, but cat people?
Not to double post, but I'll enlighten you as to my motives, which may be shared by other people.

To me, cats represent power. I'm a big history buff and into foreign cultures, so I'm familiar with how cats are represented in other societies. Those ideas have rubbed off on me and the various metaphors for cats, especially larger ones, often have them representing power and grace.

Cat's (large or small) are powerful, clever and stealthy. They're awesome predators. Subconsciously, when we see a large cat we know to keep away from them, they use to hunt us. Given the chance they still will.

Thus, a human shaped felidae creature would likely represent those powers and grace. It would make an awesome tactical officer.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Raso I too have been looking forward to (and pushing for) Caitians ever since I got into CB last year, however I have to admit I'm really beginning to wonder what's going on myself. How many times can they say someone "made a mistake" or "misquoted" something about them and push them off? You can only cry wolf so many times Cryptic and your at your limit with the Caitians.

I hurts me to have to say this but at this point if it isn't Paramount causing delays/redo's I'm left with no choice but to believe this is a red herring that their dangling in front of people in order to squeeze another month or two's worth of subscriptions out of some people. Shades of SOE all over again. I gotta say in retrospect I'm very sorry I bought the lifetime sub because it makes it somewhat difficult to vote with your wallet once they know they've got you and you can't leave. Live and learn I guess
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeedgedsword View Post
Raso I too have been looking forward to (and pushing for) Caitians ever since I got into CB last year, however I have to admit I'm really beginning to wonder what's going on myself. How many times can they say someone "made a mistake" or "misquoted" something about them and push them off? You can only cry wolf so many times Cryptic and your at your limit with the Caitians.

I hurts me to have to say this but at this point if it isn't Paramount causing delays/redo's I'm left with no choice but to believe this is a red herring that their dangling in front of people in order to squeeze another month or two's worth of subscriptions out of some people. Shades of SOE all over again. I gotta say in retrospect I'm very sorry I bought the lifetime sub because it makes it somewhat difficult to vote with your wallet once they know they've got you and you can't leave. Live and learn I guess
I hope they're not using it as a sort of carrot on a stick. Personally, I'm in for the long run. Not a single person in our 500 strong fleet of people have threatened to quite because of updates on tribble or lack of things to do. They don't need lead me on to keep me interested.... at least not yet, I'm hoping they don't royally mess something up.

A little off topic, but honestly, I don't think they should have done the life time subscriptions unless they were 110% sure they have a finished and super polished product. The probably lost long term income due to all the lifers and also lost a portion of the democratic process of voting "no" by canceling.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-26-2010, 11:54 AM
I have to say ... I like the idea of having another feline race for use with the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-26-2010, 12:00 PM
The caitians are close, so is june, sure an calendar update would be very nice, just hang on a little bit longer. It is a battle...

... so Emergency Power to Hope, Confidence Pattern Omega, Mask Eargerness Signature - Engage!
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonseye View Post
I have to say ... I like the idea of having another feline race for use with the Klingons.
The kzinti could easly be launched along side the Catains. By imposing different morphing constraints and different racial abilities they could effectively launch 2 races at the same time.

Just look at this kzinti face! How could you say no to that? (queue Sarah Magloclen music)