Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-28-2010, 11:30 AM
but why? torps then would be almost useless and only energy weapons would be a sure thing. (unless theyre rsp'ing) all for the sake of a little realisim? i dont think the price is worth that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
but why? torps then would be almost useless and only energy weapons would be a sure thing. (unless theyre rsp'ing) all for the sake of a little realisim? i dont think the price is worth that.
Im not sure what you are asking. Torpedoe salvos on a cloaking ship is better, its against an unshield hull, kinetic damage does more damage to hull than energy weapons, plus the AoE improves the odds of delivering damage to the target.

The energy weapons do less damage, cover less area and have a higher chance of missing if you are firing for an in-direct AoE effect. Trust me, there is a reason my submarines shat themselves when depth charges where used to engage them without a direct lock(thats basically what we are emulating in this type of engagement). The idea is to narrow the area in which you think the target is, then saturate it with hull crushing detonations.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-29-2010, 03:16 AM
i was refering to why have all torps be targetable? it doesnt make sense. and then i was saying that if torps could be destroyed theyd be almost useless and energy weapons would be the weapon of choice.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i was refering to why have all torps be targetable? it doesnt make sense. and then i was saying that if torps could be destroyed theyd be almost useless and energy weapons would be the weapon of choice.
DOnt make torpedoes targetable...but give them colliders, so they can be affected by their surroundings, including impacts on asteroids, or AoE effects like warp core breaches, CPB, Photonic Shockwave, Torpedo Spread, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
DOnt make torpedoes targetable...but give them colliders, so they can be affected by their surroundings, including impacts on asteroids, or AoE effects like warp core breaches, CPB, Photonic Shockwave, Torpedo Spread, etc.
ah my mistake i was under the impression you wanted to make them targetable.