Lt. Commander
# 11
05-25-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Big Bang Theory, Ugly Betty et al might have sommat to do with it...
yes but only geeks watch it, so geeks may have become cool within the geek community but i still think we would hunted and killed by the 'hip' crowd if we ever revealed ourselves to the world.

they're not ready for us
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-25-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
yes but only geeks watch it, so geeks may have become cool within the geek community but i still think we would hunted and killed by the 'hip' crowd if we ever revealed ourselves to the world.

they're not ready for us
Yet they can't live without us....
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
ok, seriously, when did that happen?
Sorry, my fault.

If it's any consolation, 'nerd' is still pretty non-chic.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IglooDude
Sorry, my fault.

If it's any consolation, 'nerd' is still pretty non-chic.
I don't even like the term geek. I have always been proud to be nerdy and know it's not cool. A geek is someone who eats bugs and automobile parts at the circus, but now everyone who has ever read xkcd is suddenly trying to claim some kind of title for techno-coolness. Resist I say, resist! Don't make me use the neutron bomb of insults and claim Wesley was a geek.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Eagle View Post
I wanted to wish all of my fellow geeks a happy Geek Pride Day.
Wait... I thought today was Towel Day. Of course, that qualifies for both, anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
ok, seriously, when did that happen?
When you are in a circle looking out and all. Think about it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Geek Pride day?

Uhm... Sounds alot like.. erm.. No never ind...

So.. what are we supposed to be doing to celebrate said day? Oh wait.. we're all probobly doing it now.. so.. uhm.. Yay? :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-25-2010, 02:26 PM
I think Harry Potter started that geek-chic trend. At least the glasses and weird hair that is now considered geeky. I never looked like that. I don't get it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-25-2010, 02:56 PM
One can be a "Geek" and still carry on a perfectly normal social life as well as look like anyone else, I choose to not overtly walk around with coke bottles (I do wear glasses, but they are thin framed with transitions, meaning in the sun I'm as cloaked as a Rommie), pocket protectors and posture correcting shoes yet can still hold my own in a quantum mechanics debate or just about anything. Those who intentionally live the Geek life are the ones that set the stereotype that all people with remarkable IQ are to be made fun of, and it's those people I really wish would just KNOCK IT THE HECK OFF!

Days like this calling attention to Geekhood are just a schoolyard bully's dream come true anyways. I'd be willing to bet back in just about every school in the US there was a wholesale wedgie assault mixed with some rather nasty cases of acute pink-belly.