Lt. Commander
# 11
05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Ah, man, I wish but I am on a "calorie control regimen" (I don't call it a diet since I can eat whatever I want as long as I keep the calories under a certain daily amount)...

Now, churros I can do since they are generally smaller and easier to quantify calorically.

Darn this thread, I am almost drooling and all I have is Trident to tide me over...
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.R.O.P.H.E.T.
Ah, man, I wish but I am on a "calorie control regimen" (I don't call it a diet since I can eat whatever I want as long as I keep the calories under a certain daily amount)...

Now, churros I can do since they are generally smaller and easier to quantify calorically.

Darn this thread, I am almost drooling and all I have is Trident to tide me over...

FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS! Churros are an absolute good!
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS! Churros are an absolute good!
No one has dissed the churros. My only question is...do they come with frosting? If not, they haven't got much on Cinnabuns.

*drools all over the thread.*

Ah sorry man.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
No one has dissed the churros. My only question is...do they come with frosting? If not, they haven't got much on Cinnabuns.

*drools all over the thread.*

Ah sorry man.
No but they do have a tossed sugar coating nyum!
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-26-2010, 02:27 PM
And some have filling. The ones with filling are the closest to confectionary nirvana as a human can find.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
And some have filling. The ones with filling are the closest to confectionary nirvana as a human can find.
Blasphemy Shinzon! chocolate is nirvana, churros are a bliss just slightly above sinful.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but chocolate is NOT confectionary, just saying Churros are as close to pastry-related nirvana as possible. Not going to get an argument from me about chocolate, aside from perhaps that Lobster comes tediusly close.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but chocolate is NOT confectionary, just saying Churros are as close to pastry-related nirvana as possible. Not going to get an argument from me about chocolate, aside from perhaps that Lobster comes tediusly close.
Confectionery is the set of food items that are rich in sugar, any one or type of which is called a confection. Modern usage may include substances rich in artificial sweeteners as well. The word candy (U.S.A.) or sweets (U.K.) is also used for the extensive variety that compose confectionery. Generally speaking, confections are low in nutritional value but rich in calories. Specially formulated chocolate has been manufactured in the past for military use due to its high concentration of calories.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Did Alton Brown just show up?
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-26-2010, 03:02 PM
I stand corrected. Very, very corrected. My apologies, not exactly up and up on culinary terminology.