Lt. Commander
# 1 Time for some new PvP maps?
05-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Im sick of doing cracked planet and solar wind, and the hostile takeover map as well. These three maps ive done well over 100 times...I can honestly say I would like a few new maps to add more variety. Something with planets, a nebula....or perhaps inside a wormhole. More of a varied environment...make it so there is still one queue per category but it randomly picks one of the map variants upon the match starting if Cryptic is afraid of there being too big of a queue list.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
More of a varied environment...make it so there is still one queue per category but it randomly picks one of the map variants upon the match starting if Cryptic is afraid of there being too big of a queue list.
I think it'd be great if we had this now, frankly. Maybe we'd get like a briar patch in that way. >_< I can't make sense of the 3 different "random arena" maps we have now; they're apparently completely different queues (and not random?).

But yeah, at least another capture and hold would be great. Or even another assault, not that anyone queues for enemy mine now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-25-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't understand why we don't already have genesis-content created maps. I mean, if you're in a group running cluster missions, the game already does map generation on the fly. It seems like an easy one to me.

I've also been pushing the idea of directly ripping off CO's Zombie Apocalypse match, just change it over to a Borg Assimilation match. The basic idea is: One player starts off as a Borg-ified version of himself, accompanied by a bunch of NPC drones of varying types. The rest of the players start off in a bridge, small building (on a planet) or small room in a station. As the borg kill human/klingon players, they respawn as borg themselves. The match ends when everyone is assimilated.

It could be scored on the borg side by the number of player assimilations, and on the player side by time left alive. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Yah new maps should have been done by now, i would like to see mabey a map where one side protects a station with a max of 5 players with the station defending itself as well and the other side that attacks has mabey 10 or so players with just themselfs trying to kill the station. Or even some sort of convey protection etc etc etc
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-26-2010, 03:55 PM
What are new maps REALLY going to do, though?

We already have a new CnH map in Enemy Mine and no one ever plays it.

Functionally, there are no real differences between Cracked, Solar and Briar except for Briar's gas pockets, but I really haven't seen a whole lot of fights end up over there anyway.

New scenery is not going to save PvP in this game. Maybe instead of new maps they should concentrate on coming up with some new PvP game ideas besides arena and CnH (I would include war zones, but 3/4 of people in any given warzone will just ***** and moan about getting shot at, thinking they're in a PvE area).
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-26-2010, 04:15 PM
briar patch is the unofficial premade pvp map. It is significantly easier to get a match in the Briar Patch arenas than it is on solar or cracked.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
briar patch is the unofficial premade pvp map. It is significantly easier to get a match in the Briar Patch arenas than it is on solar or cracked.
I didn't intend "over there" to mean "fights in briar patch". I meant it to mean over where the gas pockets are...just in case you're responding to me. I've had plenty of pug matches in briar. To me it's the same as any other arena map, really.