Lt. Commander
# 1 10F Fleet Members please read.
05-26-2010, 12:21 AM
I had a notion to setup a private forum for 10F members (offsite, of course) and have someone administrate it and keep it updated. I personally wouldn't care for being "that guy" but if no one is interested in being tasked with its upkeep... or at least assist me in doing so...AND the majority of 10F would be interested in a few of us setting up a private forum separate and apart from Cryptic and their purview, let me know and I'll put together a thinktank of some of our more vocal members and get the ball rolling.

The names that come to mind right now who I'd like co-admin'ing (on a voluntary basis) with me would be:

- MGDawson
- Captain Zero
- Corban_Lewis
- Ravenstein
- SaintHazard
- and myself.

If no one wants to co-admin with me, I understand that and I'll set it up myself. I just want to make sure we have enough interest in having our own forums page before I set it up

Just let us know.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2010, 01:29 AM
*raises hand quickly like the annoying smart kid*

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! I'm on computers for over 10 hours a day!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-26-2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
*raises hand quickly like the annoying smart kid*

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! I'm on computers for over 10 hours a day!
Excellent. Even if no one else wants to admin, you and I will be plenty to maintain a basic forums page. Shoot me your email address in a PM or on Facebook. That way we can communicate more effectively about what we want on there and who will setup what.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-26-2010, 01:54 AM
My email is mattdawson12@hotmail.com

What? I ain't bothered.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-26-2010, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
My email is mattdawson12@hotmail.com

What? I ain't bothered.
Alright dude, I got it setup. Go register so I can make you my XO. You get to be responsible for spreading the word here and in-game for all of our buddies.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-26-2010, 03:20 AM
Done.
:p

*victory dance*
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-26-2010, 03:32 AM
Wouldn't mind one bit here.

main e-mail is uss.defiant-a@live.com

By technical terms, I'm not actually part of the fleet anymore. The character I had registered with the fleet ended up geting deleted in favor of a different name. I'm just still listed in listed in the roster under the same character. I am, however, thinking about attempting a JFK look-a-like to take its place in the coming days.

I'm listed below General Miller and Chimi The Cellist as Zero@Captain_Zero.

If this will be a problem, let me know.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-26-2010, 03:35 AM
Dawson, you're now an admin when you finish with your account settings.

Zero, same goes for you. Go to http://tenforwardfleet.proboards.com/index.cgi and sign up. After you do that, I'll bump you up to the admin group, too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Why do we have a private forum?

Is this forum not enough?

I guess it KIND of makes sense, but we have everything we need here.

Sorry dude, I just don't see the need for a SECOND forum.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-26-2010, 03:50 AM
Because this is still technically not OUR forum and all it takes is a few bad posts for cryptic to go SS and put the hammer down on some of us. Essentially, the Cryptic site is a public forum and even though we post more than others, it still doesn't make it OURS. We wouldn't all go to a public park and say "this park is ours. the rest of you can still use it but you have to play by our rules...which I see a lot of replies to that effect here already as it is. With our own private forum, that isn't an issue. But the main reason we think its a good idea is because we can have calendars to more effectively coordinate things within the fleet, have unedited discussions, more selective member pool, etc.