Lt. Commander
# 1 Retrain
05-26-2010, 05:37 AM
The retrain skills shouldn't be part of the cryptic store. It doesn't make much sense.

In any other mmo, they would charge you in-game currency. Like the energy credits. Or in WOW, the freakin gold.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2010, 05:53 AM
you can get a retrain for ingame currency as well, its 20ooo (****ing) merits ^^

but i agree, i think cryptic cuts away a whole lot of game variety by making respecc this un-attractive.

if they would allo respecc on a more casual basis, it would add "game content" in the game, without adding any content @all. if im bored - i will respecc.

in this game, when you're tired of your cruiser, youll quit and cancel the subscription ...

its always the same: blizz is a company that wants to "live" (means gaining a broad community, a stable community, thats happy and willing to pay)
while cryptic is a "throw a game out and make as much money in shortest time possible" company.

sure, with the c-store they make much more money than blizz in their beginning, but they will not survive, as they f**k most players in their games with things that are only available through c-store.

unfortunately blizz saw this, and is now immitating this behavior, but sure they will get credit 4 that ^^

i am personnally a real enemy of things getting in to some stores that should have been in the game
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Character rename was possible in WoW before STO got out and they charge like 15 dollar for that, which is a lot more then Cryptic charges.

20k merit does seem excessive though, which limits your options in respeccing a lot if you don't want to buy it in the c-store but overal I'm very pleased with the C-Store content. It's exactly as they promised, no game breaking content and basicly just visual additions. It'd be something else if you could buy really great BOs from the c-store or super rare guns or something.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-26-2010, 07:32 AM
You get a free respec with every rank. How much more casual can it get?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Rat
The retrain skills shouldn't be part of the cryptic store. It doesn't make much sense.

In any other mmo, they would charge you in-game currency. Like the energy credits. Or in WOW, the freakin gold.
You DO know that you can respec in game a number of ways other than spending money in the C-Store, right? First off, you can pay x-amount of merits. Secondly, you get a free respec at EVERY rank promotion. The C-Store option is there for people who have either spent all their freebies or don't have or don't want to spend the merits they have.