Lt. Commander
Well.. i was thinking to myself with all the Keep the Galaxy not posts I thought it was time for something abit more realistic. Keep it exclusive Cryptic, its a great idea, I love it. All ready have my buddys in on this and there ready to go and try the game out. Im sure there are many many others out there like me that were able to find 5 people they know and get them to try your game. Here here for the exclusive item you have put into the mix, cant wait to fly it around with everyone else who managed to get one.

I hope to see more things like this in the future, that are Exclusive. Love yah Cryptic *hugs and kisses from all your fans* <3

Locutus

*flame shield ON!*
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2010, 02:50 PM
I disagree.

I like many other players in our community do not have many friends who either don't have this game or just don't have any intrest in playing STO period. In my case there's only 3 eople at best willing to shell out cash to play this game. With that said there would be no sensible way for me to scrounge up 2 more people just for the X class. To ask me to practically bug random people would not be the best move.

However, if the becomes a thread for peole playing the Demo I wouln't mind passing out refferal codes like others already do in the CO forums.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon
I disagree.

I like many other players in our community do not have many friends who either don't have this game or just don't have any intrest in playing STO period. In my case there's only 3 eople at best willing to shell out cash to play this game. With that said there would be no sensible way for me to scrounge up 2 more people just for the X class. To ask me to practically bug random people would not be the best move.

However, if the becomes a thread for peole playing the Demo I wouln't mind passing out refferal codes like others already do in the CO forums.
Well then...here is what I suggest you do

Get up..

Go down to the local comic shop and if yah have to Bar/Club, start making some friends. You know be social. And then talk to them about the game, and see if they would try it and bam...Iam sure youll get someone to try it...again its effort. If yah want the item youll go and try to get it.

Heck when I heard of this promotion the next day I went to my boss's office talked to him for like a half hour hehehe *slaps hand* and told him about the game and what not and hes like sure ill give it a shot, same thing with my friends. And i did try to get my other friends involved before launch, 2 of them did try it out just didnt keep with the game, though they will play soon when there done schooling
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2010, 03:01 PM
All of my friends and family members were already playing three weeks after the game launched. There's no one left for me to ask. So what the **** am I supposed to do? Go to the airport and recruit players like the Hari Krishnas? Go door to door like the Mormons? Yeah, **** that!

Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
All of my friends and family members were already playing three weeks after the game launched. There's no one left for me to ask. So what the **** am I supposed to do? Go to the airport and recruit players like the Hari Krishnas? Go door to door like the Mormons? Yeah, **** that!

haha you made me giggle

Well make new friends...no? I mean Iam sure your a likeable person. Hey I had to threaten some of my best friends with my paintball gun haha j/k.............dont look at me like that....stop it!
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Alot of my friends have read the "reviews" of STO and are avoiding it like an STD
IDK in time when (if) game improves they might be persuaded but not a chance right now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Well then...here is what I suggest you do

Get up..

Go down to the local comic shop and if yah have to Bar/Club, start making some friends. You know be social. And then talk to them about the game, and see if they would try it and bam...Iam sure youll get someone to try it...again its effort. If yah want the item youll go and try to get it.

Heck when I heard of this promotion the next day I went to my boss's office talked to him for like a half hour hehehe *slaps hand* and told him about the game and what not and hes like sure ill give it a shot, same thing with my friends. And i did try to get my other friends involved before launch, 2 of them did try it out just didnt keep with the game, though they will play soon when there done schooling
Nice suggestion,however there is a bit of a problem with the comic shop thing. All of the comic book shops in my area have closed down due to lack of interest. Also the whole Bar/Club thing won't work since the only people who go to those places are only interested in two things: getting laid and getting drunk just not in the exact order mind you.

Thankfully I will be moving from my current place to a new one in a few years so with any luck the East coast will be more receptive of the Gamer/Comic enthusiast since the area out here in California tend to be more about Madden and Gears of War than a good game like Assassin's Creed or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Or to put it in a less snobby way these guys in my area wouldn't know a good game if it slapped them with a ten pound fish.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
haha you made me giggle

Well make new friends...no? I mean Iam sure your a likeable person. Hey I had to threaten some of my best friends with my paintball gun haha j/k.............dont look at me like that....stop it!
My point is I already did this. I recruited 8 friends, family members and associates to this game and I got nothing for it. But now that this system has been released I have to recruit more. I did the leg work already. If Cryptic can't figure out a way to acknowledge recruiting that was done before the system was implemented they should not be tying in game rewards to it.

Besides it goes directly against Cryptic's promise that they would never do so again after the fiasco with the CoH Valentine' Day recruitment of 2005.

Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon
Nice suggestion,however there is a bit of a problem with the comic shop thing. All of the comic book shops in my area have closed down due to lack of interest. Also the whole Bar/Club thing won't work since the only people who go to those places are only interested in two things: getting laid and getting drunk just not in the exact order mind you.

Thankfully I will be moving from my current place to a new one in a few years so with any luck the East coast will be more receptive of the Gamer/Comic enthusiast since the area out here in California tend to be more about Madden and Gears of War than a good game like Assassin's Creed or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Or to put it in a less snobby way these guys in my area wouldn't know a good game if it slapped them with a ten pound fish.
Wow Iam surprised especially you being on the West Coast like me. I have 2 little comic shops in my little town of under 10000 and then Iam only like 45 min away north and south to two major cities :p

I know some people wont be able to for realistic reasons, but I mean you cant hate them for putting an item to bring in more people. Again it sucks but never the less..these type of promotions always happen. I know when playing WoW, I didnt get one of those little password creators...not sure what you call them but they give a special ingame object...i never got it...i never cryed over it..it sucked but i seen why they did it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Keep it exclusive Cryptic, its a great idea, I love it.
Feel free to cast your vote for that option. Just dont let the fact that you are in the minority upset you.