Lt. Commander
# 61
09-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artic1337
if the UGC rewards XP/merits/EC it will become a big problem. UGC + rewards = farmville..
Cryptic has already announced they have a system to prevent exploitation - so we know they've got some solution in mind. Hopefully we'll get details on this and at least the other "critical" requirements (see UGC Features) soon.
Lt. Commander
# 62
11-17-2010, 01:11 PM
cryptic has to make the player made missions No reward or XP, but i think players should have the option to submit their missions to maby become real in-game missions with rewards and XP, but like only the best missions would be chosen. Some players can probably make some of Cryptics missions better
Lt. Commander
# 63
11-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
cryptic has to make the player made missions No reward or XP, but i think players should have the option to submit their missions to maby become real in-game missions with rewards and XP, but like only the best missions would be chosen. Some players can probably make some of Cryptics missions better
That's a very good point. I guess I'll be wasting my time playing these missions before max level. That's not much incentive to get involved. =|
Lt. Commander
# 64
11-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
I'm pretty sure that's not on the table. A lot of people wouldn't play a mission without some kind of reward. (see the post above mine for evidence) I think you'll see standard rewards based on controllable things like the number of mobs that have to be fought, and the level band recommended. I really don't think that we'll be able to set the reward at whim. It won't (and shouldn't) be possible to just inflate the reward to stupid levels. A lot of people are worrying for no cause.

I think you guys are selling Cryptic (and the players who will be building these missions) short here.
Lt. Commander
# 65
11-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post

I think you guys are selling Cryptic [...] short here.
Sorry, I can't help it. Once bitten, twice shy, you know?

I like your idea of scalable rewards based on how many mobs are fought in a mission. Seems the fairest way to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 66
11-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's not on the table. A lot of people wouldn't play a mission without some kind of reward. (see the post above mine for evidence) I think you'll see standard rewards based on controllable things like the number of mobs that have to be fought, and the level band recommended. I really don't think that we'll be able to set the reward at whim. It won't (and shouldn't) be possible to just inflate the reward to stupid levels. A lot of people are worrying for no cause.

I think you guys are selling Cryptic (and the players who will be building these missions) short here.
I think the best way to do it would be to have a list of objective types in your mission editor. Each objective would be worth a certain number of XP depending on the level range your mission is set at.

So you'd have 'cheap' objectives like: go to place X, talk to person Y, kill easy bad guy ... etc., medium payout things like: use clickable object, kill medium bad guy ... etc., and 'high' payouts would be reserved for killing a boss type.

Then you just add up the XP value of all the required objectives in the mission and there you go.
This way the payout always fits the difficulty of the mission. Though you'd prolly want UGC to have a slightly lower overall payout than dev crafted stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 67
11-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_de_jour
I think the best way to do it would be to have a list of objective types in your mission editor. Each objective would be worth a certain number of XP depending on the level range your mission is set at.
Yep. Seems like common sense. Just need to wait and see if anyone else out there actually has any hehehe