21. Sas-Katch-wan.
You forgot the -ewe...

Sass-catch-ewe-on.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
Who knew a joke between Rwalph and I in vent would turn into such a serious discussion of national identity and political views. Gotta love TF!

BTW, I'm am proudly Canadian. There aren't huge differences between Canada and the States or even between Canada and UK. You can focus on the obvious ones, but when you look at the music we listen to, the things we laugh at, and the games we play, we aren't really all that different.

There, thats my serious thought for the day. Now for some cheese.

Oh yes, and support the RCMP! They always get their man.
...you're right.

You're RIGHT.

We could totally annex the UK too, and its various colonies!

Let's do it!
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacerd View Post
hmmmm lets see.

1.) I am Pro Death Penalty
(For bringing back the stocks as well and decreasing the number of prisons as but that is only halfway related to the death penalty, long story and hypothesis I have...)

2,) Don't care about Sports at all.

3.) Think we should do away with both the Federal Reserve (Really...we are going to let a private bank print money? really?) and the I.RS. Have a Flat Tax instead, and in general let the states pay for themselves.

4.) Enforce the immigration laws we have on the book now.

5.) Recognize that the second amendment was put there as the "Big Red Button" that says "Use Only in Case of Emergency" not for Sportsmen.

6.) Anti Sneak and peek policies of private citizens. Franklin said it best when he said something along the lines of... "Any one who gives up their essential liberties for security will have neither Liberty nor Security"
somehow I think he had a pretty clear understanding of what that meant.

7.) Feel that freedom of expression applies to everyone regardless of how much it offends those around them.

8.) Feel that in the U.S. We have "Reverse Rights" which basically means that rights are things the government CANNOT DO TO YOU not what they are expected TO DO FOR YOU. in short...your on your own don't ask for help from the government cause its not supposed to be in their power to help you to begin with, but on the up side of that they are not supposed to have the power to get in your way either.

9.) Feel that the underline philosophy behind the writing of the founding documents was that rights are given by a Higher Power NOT Man OR the Government and because they did not give them....NEITHER Man nor the Government should not be able to take them away.

10.) Feel that Oreos go great in milk

What does this make me?
Opinionated.

Also correct, insofar as I agree with just about all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
...you're right.

You're RIGHT.

Let's do it!
Annex the UK? I'm trying to get them to take back Massachusetts and New York....
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
...you're right.

You're RIGHT.

Let's do it!
i should warn you that i stand upon the shores of England's green and pleasant land ready to protect her.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
...you're right.

You're RIGHT.

Let's do it!
I say we form a super country. Canmeritan. We can combine the national anthems into a song like.

"Oh God Save the Star Spangled Banner."

We could build super highways or underwater tunnels to connect the UK, to North America.

No more do we need to look at a famous actor and say. Oh he's British, or Oh he's Canadian. We'll all be Canmeritans!

Of course we'll keep the Queen, just like we'll keep the Kennedy's and William Shatner. (Unofficial King of Canada.)

Yes, lets do it!
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
I say we form a super country. Canmeritan. We can combine the national anthems into a song like.

"Oh God Save the Star Spangled Banner."

We could build super highways or underwater tunnels to connect the UK, to North America.

No more do we need to look at a famous actor and say. Oh he's British, or Oh he's Canadian. We'll all be Canmeritans!

Of course we'll keep the Queen, just like we'll keep the Kennedy's and William Shatner. (Unofficial King of Canada.)

Yes, lets do it!
We'll build the super-highways and place tollbooths at every mile marker. And no turn-arounds!

And I like United Britains of Great States Canada of America. We can be Canmeritons (gotta go with the O, not an A. Britons.) for short.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
We'll build the super-highways and place tollbooths at every mile marker. And no turn-arounds!

And I like United Britains of Great States Canada of America. We can be Canmeritons (gotta go with the O, not an A. Britons.) for short.
Agreed. Now to topple our respective governments and take over. Flasherman, Dawson, Hoplite and Woe can work on the UK.

I'll have to handle Canada with any Canuckian 10ites that are willing to help.

You have the toughest job Haz, but you also have the greatest amount of 10ites to help you.

Now if only we had a private forum where we could discuss out plans further. :p
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-27-2010, 11:20 AM
lots of Canada love eh. Hand me a beer you hoser.
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i should warn you that i stand upon the shores of England's green and pleasant land ready to protect her.
Oh, sorry, nevermind then.
Lt. Commander