Lt. Commander
# 1 Counter Cloak Idea
05-26-2010, 03:42 PM
I've been thinking and have read enough of these annoying complaints about Klingon Cloak, and I can understand some frustrations and share a few. Here's where I think I have an idea that may work to balance out the cloak without actually nerfing it.

New universal skill and mine/deployable weapon

Tachyon Wave Mine
Sensor Range: 4km
Cooldown: Mine Equivalent
Maximum Available: 10 Mines at any give time
Only one is laid per use of the weapon. It can detect any cloaked ships and if it does it will immediately detonate rendering any ships within range of its explosion, temporarily visible with a significant shield debuff for 15 seconds.

Tachyon Sensor Net
Affects all members of a team causing all ships to use the standard sensor scan regardless of their BOs or their skills. The scan though is affected by whatever aux/captain skills that related to the ship being affected by TSN.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkarma View Post
I've been thinking and have read enough of these annoying complaints about Klingon Cloak, and I can understand some frustrations and share a few. Here's where I think I have an idea that may work to balance out the cloak without actually nerfing it.

New universal skill and mine/deployable weapon

Tachyon Wave Mine
Sensor Range: 4km
Cooldown: Mine Equivalent
Maximum Available: 10 Mines at any give time
Only one is laid per use of the weapon. It can detect any cloaked ships and if it does it will immediately detonate rendering any ships within range of its explosion, temporarily visible with a significant shield debuff for 15 seconds.

Tachyon Sensor Net
Affects all members of a team causing all ships to use the standard sensor scan regardless of their BOs or their skills. The scan though is affected by whatever aux/captain skills that related to the ship being affected by TSN.
Intresting ideas I like the Tachyon wave mine. You don't need a sheild debuff however as cloaked ships don't have sheilds up.. would make a Klingon have to smack some buttons fast to get their clock off... and there is a -15 debuff already when your dropping your cloak.

Whats funny though is mines do hit you in cloak... they will even follow you. So many times I have flown through mines and the fed just keeps going... paying attention to your mines moving around is a good indicator you have a visitor.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Why not just give the Federation a BO abilty to find cloaked vessels and have the discovered vessels only appear on the mini-map?
Of course if you make any "find-cloaked-ship" ablilty too simple or too easy to use then the Klingons will need a slighty better cloaking technology to compensate. Arms technology development is always a tit-for-tat kind of development cycle.
Lt. Commander
Why not a Special Fed Cloaking Device? In TOS, Kirk & Spock stole a cloaking device from the Romulans & Scotty hooked it up to the Enterprise, where they escaped from several Romulan ships in the Neutral Zone. Also, there was a NG episode where Riker & his former commander went looking for the experimental ship, the U.S.S. Pegasus, which also has a cloaking device. That device was hooked up to the Enterprise D, where they also escaped from the Romulans.

So, why can't we have a Federation Cloaking Device? After all, it IS Star Trek Canon....

Just a thought.

Admiral Robert A. Hall
U.S.S. Intrepid
U.S.S. Potemkin

I WANT THE SKILL CAP RAISED!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-27-2010, 07:01 PM
This is would be interesting to allow for Klingon players to be on their toes more against Federation players. It does not necessarily have to be cloaking, but at least something to easily counter cloaking for some kind of Federation ability to where Kllingons have to worry about countering.

Sure Klingons do not have a true science vessel, like the Federation faction does, but there could be something else used against Klingons that they do not have.

Just a thought.