Lt. Commander
# 1 Devs Please Help!!!!
05-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Hey there, I'm continuing to love the game... I've played it since the beta months ago.

But I need some help from you guys or anyone with any knowledge. My character is Wesley Dobbs and as of 07.40am (GMT) I logged onto the PvP map Shanty Town. The game completed and the other team left... I however am stuck in the map unable to leave. I completed the task, logged out even exited the game completely but I am stuck here.

I am unable to leave and continue to level up which is what I wanted to do in the first place. If I lose my character then Cryptic, you lose a subscription... simple as. I refuse to play again when I had recently become RA

Please help me, as I do not want to lose this game Thank You
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Wrong forum for this. Put in a ticket, and go complain to customer service and the support forum.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-27-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryulis View Post
Hey there, I'm continuing to love the game... I've played it since the beta months ago.

But I need some help from you guys or anyone with any knowledge. My character is Wesley Dobbs and as of 07.40am (GMT) I logged onto the PvP map Shanty Town. The game completed and the other team left... I however am stuck in the map unable to leave. I completed the task, logged out even exited the game completely but I am stuck here.

I am unable to leave and continue to level up which is what I wanted to do in the first place. If I lose my character then Cryptic, you lose a subscription... simple as. I refuse to play again when I had recently become RA

Why can't you log out and restart STO? Will you toon not be ingame and availible for play still?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Why can't you log out and restart STO? Will you toon not be ingame and availible for play still?
If you read more carefully you would know his trouble isn't with logging out...it's that his character is stuck in a ground mission and he isn't given the exit to sector map option.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.York37
If you read more carefully you would know his trouble isn't with logging out...it's that his character is stuck in a ground mission and he isn't given the exit to sector map option.
I read the post just fine.
If he is stuck whats keeping him from shutting down and restarting the game to escape being trapped in game?
Sure the bug sucks, he can send a report and hope its fixed soon, but sitting in game for 3 hours is not the fault of cryptic if the player can stop/start the game and reload to do something else.
Its what I do and will continue to do until they do fix the bug, not give a "i'll quit" ultimatum.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
I completed the task, logged out even exited the game completely but I am stuck here.
Oh no you didn't.

PS. Tryulis, the devs won't hear your weeping and lamentations here, they have turned their faces from us...
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-27-2010, 09:25 AM
@Roach
Quote:
I completed the task, logged out even exited the game completely but I am stuck here.I am unable to leave and continue to level up which is what I wanted to do in the first place.
Try again,
he states he logged out, and exited the game completely.

He is saying when he logs back in he's still there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:

Some things I've tried when stuck:
  • Exit out of the game, wait 15-20 minutes, log back in.
  • Exit out of the game, restart the game, log in another charcter, log out, log in the "trouble" character.
  • Try the /stuck command.
  • Try the /killme command. (sometime these "reset" the instance and allow me to exit or kicks me because I am "no longer on the team")

Good luck and have fun out there.

-Auspice
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QorChang View Post
@Roach

Try again,
he states he logged out, and exited the game completely.

He is saying when he logs back in he's still there.
Ah-missed that. Yeah that sucks. I don't have any answers other than contact costumer service directly.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspice
  • Exit out of the game, wait 15-20 minutes, log back in.
This one should do the trick if stuck in a PvP match.