Lt. Commander
# 21
03-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Kaaahnn! One of the best Star Trek movies.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey there Dan, nice t'meetcha - I'm insanely jealous of your job and your jacket, but based off the interview it's clear that you are the best one for both.

Also, I must admit to curiosity as to just what the “dStahl Maneuver” entails...?
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
Hey there Dan, nice t'meetcha - I'm insanely jealous of your job and your jacket, but based off the interview it's clear that you are the best one for both.

Also, I must admit to curiosity as to just what the “dStahl Maneuver” entails...?
I think hes talking about another person in the team, Mr. Daniel Stahl You might have to ask him for details
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Well you are obviously as old as I am, heck you probably remember worldgroup, but alas this is star trek and it is good to see a true fan behind the reigns of content, you know thou, now that we know who you are, we know who to go to! hehe
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Which parent did you inherent your handsome-looking nose from?
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Nice! And I like what I see on the monitor, whatever it is
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaintm View Post
Well you are obviously as old as I am, heck you probably remember worldgroup, but alas this is star trek and it is good to see a true fan behind the reigns of content, you know thou, now that we know who you are, we know who to go to! hehe
Ha! Worldgroup... yes that was the software we used for the ISP... up to that point most ISP's at the time were all terminal based BBS's.. but Worldgroup was a GUI... We actaully gave away dail-up internet access for awhile, but eventually had to start charging a fee to keep adding modem banks. When we eventually sold the business to Compuserve we had over 400 modems
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhem99 View Post
Which parent did you inherent your handsome-looking nose from?
hmmm.. well I never really considered my nose as handsome-looking.. but it's definately from my Dad.. thanks for the complement
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Howdy, Dan!

I can't help but notice that the two favorites which you listed (Khan, the Jem'Hadar) were both villains. Also, your Kobayashi Maru solution was "Meh. Let `em die ..."

All of this tells me which developer I'll be swearing at when I'm playing through an STO episode which is absolutely busting my stones. It'll be one of yours, no doubt!

[Star Trek II close-up camera angle; KOS shouts into his communicator] DAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!

Kestrel would never treat me so badly. We talked about Tarbolde's poetry, don't ya know!

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-06-2009, 08:00 PM
It's nice to get to know a little bit more about you, Dan! It is great that the people who are working on the game really seem to be devoted fans of the franchise, because I think that ensures the developers are more in tune with what the players want, which will ultimately make for a more satisfying game experience overall in my opinion.