Lt. Commander
# 121
08-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
I know this miight sem a bit odd, but can I use MSN Messanger with this?
no, msn doesnt suport xmpp

but with most of the xmpp clients (i like pidgin) you can also login to msn
Lt. Commander
# 122
08-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longasc
Any idea how I could use this to read FLEET chat as well?
Guild chat is kind of screwy, but in the channel server you need to put in guilds.crypticspace.com. It doesn't always work, and for some reason it'll show messages multiple times.
Lt. Commander
# 123
08-13-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_Ko
Guild chat is kind of screwy, but in the channel server you need to put in guilds.crypticspace.com. It doesn't always work, and for some reason it'll show messages multiple times.
Maybe that's related to having more than one character in the relevant fleet?
Lt. Commander
# 124 Do you need a microphone?
08-13-2010, 09:20 AM
hey guys do you need a microphone? I think you do.
Lt. Commander
# 125
08-15-2010, 03:46 AM
So what's up with the XMPP connections into the chat system? It's been working great for me using Pidgin till I rebooted on Friday and now neither my STO nor my Champions account can connect to the system. It tells me both accounts are "disabled" and "Not Authorized". It's like I've been IP banned or something. I can connect and chat in-game just fine however. Was a really awesome feature, hope it comes back online soon or my account gets unblocked. (and no I did nothing to get myself blocked/banned)

Anybody else having this issue? Was it just because it was Friday the 13th and happened on a weekend? What's up with this StormShade? :-)
Lt. Commander
# 126
08-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Last.Red.Shirt View Post
So what's up with the XMPP connections into the chat system? It's been working great for me using Pidgin till I rebooted on Friday and now neither my STO nor my Champions account can connect to the system. It tells me both accounts are "disabled" and "Not Authorized". It's like I've been IP banned or something. I can connect and chat in-game just fine however. Was a really awesome feature, hope it comes back online soon or my account gets unblocked. (and no I did nothing to get myself blocked/banned)

Anybody else having this issue? Was it just because it was Friday the 13th and happened on a weekend? What's up with this StormShade? :-)
I just checked with the engineer in charge of this and he says everything is working right now, and I'm also logged in ok. Are you still having problems?

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 127
08-16-2010, 02:20 PM
I got this to work the first time I tried back when you first posted this thread, and I used Pidgin but now when I try to login I just get a msg that tells me I have an "Invalid XMPP ID".

I've done everything the same as I did when you first posted how to get set up in this thread so I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 128
08-16-2010, 02:40 PM
set it up today and works fine for me 2
Lt. Commander
# 129 Still Having Problems...
08-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I just checked with the engineer in charge of this and he says everything is working right now, and I'm also logged in ok. Are you still having problems?

Thanks,

Stormshade
Yes I'm still having issues with it. I deleted all account info and started from scratch following the original post's instructions exactly. Every time I try to connect it tells me that...

<my account>@CrypticSpace.com/<Resource - Character Name> disabled
Not Authorized

Every time I try to Re-enable the account through Pidgin it tells me the exact same message.

Since I have an STO account and a Champions Online account and both of these get the exact same message as above, I would suspect that I am being blocked for some reason. Nothing else has changed on my end other than I can no longer connect after my system restart on Friday. Could someone check to see if this is the case? I'll reinstall Pidgin on my end and see if for some strange reason that's the problem. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 130
08-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Well crap... Apparently my account had been compromised or my password had been corrupted on your end. My password had been changed and that's what was locking me out. I'd been playing CO for a few days and hadn't logged in to STO. When I tried to login to STO it told me invalid password. LUCKILY I had a webpage login open in my browser where I was still logged in and didn't have to authenticate again so I was able to reset my password. No clue how in the hell it happened if my password was compromised, but I have changed it.

Not sure what else to do about this... I can get back in now at least.