Lt. Commander
# 131
08-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Last.Red.Shirt View Post
Well crap... Apparently my account had been compromised or my password had been corrupted on your end.
The perfect opportunity to suggest a feature-request about that: an option to set a different password for instant messaging!

Instant messengers often store passwords and they are also connected to the outside and may have security flaws, also people may like to run their instant messanger on other places like work where other people may easier get access to the box and thus may be able to extract the password.
Lt. Commander
# 132
08-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Well I got connected with Beem on my Android 1.5 device. It's the middle of the day, so no one I know is on to chat with. I can not seem to find a way to join the chat channel that we use. It's nice that it works, but without a strong XMPP client for Android, I don't anticipate using the feature much.
Lt. Commander
# 133
08-20-2010, 12:46 PM
StormShade, anychance I could get some help getting logged back in with Pidgin at some point when you have time?

As I said before, I could log in after I did what you said in your original post when you first posted, but it no longer works, all the client tells me is "Invalid XMPP ID" and that doesn't make sence to me.
Lt. Commander
# 134
08-27-2010, 04:24 AM
They just need to invest in a team "speak" channel
Lt. Commander
# 135
09-01-2010, 02:29 AM
AH HA!

IMOV Messenger on the Android platform supports MUC. Multiple User Channels.

So you can see custom channels on your Andriod phone
Lt. Commander
# 136
09-08-2010, 09:22 AM
I've been able to get this to work in Jabbroid on my Android phone and on Trillian on my desktop.

HOWEVER

In both instances, I am only able to speak on a 1-1 basis via /tells, like an Instant Message chat instead of a talking in a channel of people.

The friends list automatically sorts people based on fleet/guild and server/shard, and it added all my friendslist and fleetmates into the right groups automatically.

Trillian seems to be using my computer name as my in-game name, which I am not liking and need to figure out a way to change it.

also, I can't get a connection when using @guilds.crypticspace.com when attempting to join a channel instead of IM-style chat from either app

EDIT: Also, IMOV doesn't seem to be connecting to CrypticSpace.com at all for me
Lt. Commander
# 137
09-08-2010, 04:12 PM
any update on when we can access fleet channels?

with pdigin

using guilds.crypticspace.com to list channels available it shows the fleet channel but when trying to join it says - service unavailable
Lt. Commander
# 138
09-09-2010, 05:14 AM
Yes i would love to beable to have my fleet channel avaliable through pidginIM but as of right now i have a multifaction channel i setup for my fleet to use for ingame and out of game chat when needed.
Lt. Commander
# 139
09-15-2010, 09:56 PM
can i use this to monitor the in game chat tabs or is this just an IM thing?
Lt. Commander
# 140
09-16-2010, 02:38 PM
You can monitor chat tabs, but not things like Fleet, Officer, Local, Zone.

If any devs are watching, I like the update yesterday that make the chat room online/offline and member list actually real time now, that was a welcome change yesterday.