Lt. Commander
# 151
10-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Diamonds
I'm sorry Russel, I just seen your message and replied.
AFAIR Jabbroid is one of the few Android clients to support MUC, as I replied to your mail. I did a small research on Android clients because I had planned to get an Android Phone but in the end for the actual lack of proper muc capable clients dropped the idea.

If you feel brave there's Beem, which has an experimental MUC patch available.
But I didn't really test neither. As I don't posses an android device.

You could try a web client (BOSH) like Jappix, which I'm helping develope, the mobile version should work decently with WebKit mobile browsers and maybe the desktop version too (depends on the specs of your device) although that means no proper background task... so kind of battery consuming.

Perhaps only thing I can really direct you to is Jabbroid or patched Beem. But well it seems Android is a bit meh on XMPP clients as I already said and also the cryptic xmpp "interfacing" service is very glitchy which won't help as well.
Thanks for your reply!
Jabbroid just doesn't seem to work with this MUC it does work with another chat system i use just not crypticspace.com.
I tried Beem but it did not have MUC at all, however i have not investigated the MUC patch you mentioned, so that is something I'm going to look into.

Now,
I'm trying a trial version of BeeJiveIM for 30 days. it seems to connect without error to MUC but I have not had a successful test (i think due to my channel not having activity at the times i'm trying). I'll report back when i know for sure. it does seem to disconnect me often but i'm not sure if it's the server, program, data provider, ect.. If it actually works i'll gladly pay the $10 for the full version!
Lt. Commander
# 152
10-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell-KV4S
Now,
I'm trying a trial version of BeeJiveIM for 30 days. it seems to connect without error to MUC but I have not had a successful test (i think due to my channel not having activity at the times i'm trying). I'll report back when i know for sure. it does seem to disconnect me often but i'm not sure if it's the server, program, data provider, ect.. If it actually works i'll gladly pay the $10 for the full version!
BeeJive:
Well I can read what people are posting in the MUC but nothing i post is going in. I've contacted BeeJive support to see if they will/can help.
I also seem to be disconnected from the MUC fairly often... when i try to reconnect says call error no response from server but then the MUC seems to say i'm connected again.

Jabbrod:
heard from Jabbroid, they said they only support basic muc not full, talked like they would eventually but no idea when.

Jappix.com
after inputing credentials on web just sits there trying to login doesn't seem to work at all, could be a temporary thing.
Lt. Commander
# 153
10-25-2010, 08:03 AM
And how is this any better than the current in game chat system? Or is it just so you can chat with people when you are not in game? If that is the case... I don't even run my Yahoo messenger 99.9% of the time... why would I want to add yet another chat program to the list of stuff I don't use?

Seriously, I can't see the point of this at all.
Lt. Commander
# 154
10-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwindspirit
And how is this any better than the current in game chat system? Or is it just so you can chat with people when you are not in game? If that is the case... I don't even run my Yahoo messenger 99.9% of the time... why would I want to add yet another chat program to the list of stuff I don't use?

Seriously, I can't see the point of this at all.
That is exactly what i want... I want to be able to chat with my friends and fleet members when i can't be in game.

I'm not saying it's better... Cryptic provides access so i'm trying to get it to work!
Lt. Commander
# 155
10-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Question: Is there a means of reporting someone while on XMPP? trolls flamers etc. Or do I have to be logged in game. It's a bit frustrating when people come on and start throwing poorly spelled insults at people for no real reason and your unable to do anything but hit the ignore button. That still doesn't "clean up the mess" as it were.

~D
Lt. Commander
# 156
10-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell-KV4S
Has anyone been able to find an xmpp client for android that works with MUC (multi user chat) so the channels will work?

I've came closet with Jabbroid in the fact that i can actually connect to crypticspace with my user account but the MUC channels error out saying "feature not implemented".

I've tried Jabiru and IMov (both support MUC) but i can't connect to my crypticspace user account at all to even get to the MUC part.

Other clients i see in the market do not mention MUC support.

Any ideas?
With IMOV, I have FULL MUC support. (A little buggy...but) I can see our private "Fleet" channel, and chat, just like in game. (not the game made fleet channel, but a user made channel...)

However, Do not use the little "wizard" it supplies to add your account info. Cancel out of that, then get into settings and add your info from there.
Lt. Commander
# 157
10-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilston
With IMOV, I have FULL MUC support. (A little buggy...but) I can see our private "Fleet" channel, and chat, just like in game. (not the game made fleet channel, but a user made channel...)

However, Do not use the little "wizard" it supplies to add your account info. Cancel out of that, then get into settings and add your info from there.
I cannot get it to join chat channels using @channels.crypticspace.com this is the correct one right?
Lt. Commander
# 158
11-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilston

can you provide exact steps?
I've tried with both version of IMov (corporate, beta) which are you using?

Here is what I've done:
I am unable to cancel out of the wizard.
I input dummy info in the wizard then went to settings and typed everything in. but the logon looks like it's trying to use the dummy info from the wizard?
i tried again from the setup wizard and also settings but it never keeps the server name i type in the wizard i guess because it never connects?
i cannot logon with imov to my crypticspace account to even attempt the channels?

any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 159
11-01-2010, 08:48 AM
using beta I put in the real info to the wizard, then went in and changed them
Jabber/XMPP ID: loginname@crypticspace.com
Jabber/XMPP Password: self explanatory
Resource Name: display name
Jabber/XMPP server name: crypticspace.com
Use SASL: ON
Use TLS: ON
Lt. Commander
# 160
11-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSpot
using beta I put in the real info to the wizard, then went in and changed them
Jabber/XMPP ID: loginname@crypticspace.com
Jabber/XMPP Password: self explanatory
Resource Name: display name
Jabber/XMPP server name: crypticspace.com
Use SASL: ON
Use TLS: ON
that worked perfectly, i think i was missing setting TLS ON!

the group chat appears to be working properly too, hit Menu>More>Conference and added:
<userroom>@channels.crypticspace.com
entered my @name in the handle
left password blank.

successfully chatted with my fleet!

thanks everyone i appreciate the help! Imov for Android (beta) appears to be the winner!