Lt. Commander
# 161
11-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell-KV4S
entered my @name in the handle
Okay, got in now using @name instead of "resource name" and can type, can't see what others type though.
Lt. Commander
# 162
11-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
As part of our ongoing testing of our new XMPP feature, we are now enabling Star Trek Online's Tribble users to make use of the feature!
Is this feature available to 'Holodeck' users yet?

I keep getting an "Invalid XMPP ID" notification when using Pidgin, but I got it to work using the same client right after this feature was first announced, so I'm trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Does the 'Resource' name need to be the name of one of my characters on Tribble for this to work?
Lt. Commander
# 163
11-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSpot
Okay, got in now using @name instead of "resource name" and can type, can't see what others type though.
the behavior is strange, when i join the chat it shows in my chat list. however if i post or someone else post i get another window in my notifications that is separate from the one i added however it appears to be a two way communication.

P.S. i used my @ handle in both the resource (account level) and as the chat handle (MUC or group chat/channel level).

Any thoughts on the "Keep device awake" setting? think if i turn that off notifications still work? getting a battery hit with that on. not that big a deal to me because if i run IMov it will probably be when i'm plugged in.
Lt. Commander
# 164
11-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Is this feature available to 'Holodeck' users yet?
Yes, as long as your account is set to be able to access tribble is all that matters, friends and channels work across the 2 shards.
Lt. Commander
# 165
11-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell-KV4S
Yes, as long as your account is set to be able to access tribble is all that matters, friends and channels work across the 2 shards.
Thanks, but I believe you mean the answer is no, this feature is not available to 'Holodeck' users only, just for those who are using both 'Holodeck' and 'Tribble'.

Anyway, you can see posts from me, since way back on page #1 in this thread, and notably on page #14 where I asked StormShade for help, describing my issue, which is the issue I still have.

This feature worked for me, right at the beginning when it was first announced, I used Pidgin.

I've changed the 'Resource' name from my 'Holodeck' characters name to my 'Tribble' characters name, but it doesn't make any difference, I still get the message; "Invalid XMPP ID".

Does anyone know what this means or how I can resolve this issue?

I am doing everything correctly, as stated by StormShade in the 1st post, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 166
11-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
[color="White"]
I've changed the 'Resource' name from my 'Holodeck' characters name to my 'Tribble' characters name, but it doesn't make any difference, I still get the message; "Invalid XMPP ID".
ok the issue you are having is at the account level, whatever ID you type into the game client (before you pick a shard) is what your account id is and associated password. (probably whatever is behind the @ sign in your character profile).

The resource at the account level is probably not relevant, but from what i read may be required at the MUC level.

I hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 167
11-01-2010, 12:37 PM
I am doing exactly that, using the exact account ID I use to log in, and the crazy thing is that this exact config worked when it was announced and released, but since the feature went down months ago, then back up, it has not worked.

Client: Pidgin

Protocol: XMPP

Username: Alecto

Domain: CrypticSpace.com

Resource: Alecto

Password: Is my password, which would be illogical to share. LoL
Lt. Commander
# 168
11-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
I am doing exactly that, using the exact account ID I use to log in, and the crazy thing is that this exact config worked when it was announced and released, but since the feature went down months ago, then back up, it has not worked.

Client: Pidgin

Protocol: XMPP

Username: Alecto

Domain: CrypticSpace.com

Resource: Alecto

Password: Is my password, which would be illogical to share. LoL
man i don't know, sounds like you did everything correct.... try something crazy, go install the latest pidgin version and see if that helps? (grasping at straws)
Lt. Commander
# 169
11-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Cheers, I've already uninstalled / reinstalled a bunch of times, downloaded the latest version as well, makes no difference.
Lt. Commander
# 170
11-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Invalid XMPP ID
That's the error I get in pidgin when global is down. Maybe go back to the first post and re-sign up for tribble?