Lt. Commander
# 251
08-03-2011, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
I have a few toons in various fleets and once I found out I could join fleet chat (in addition to global channels) via Pidgin, I wanted to try it (instructions here).

For one of the fleets, I can add the chat to my buddy list but when I double click it I get the error:

(here I've substituted Fleet Name for "fleet+name")

I've talked to the fleet leader and while he doesn't use Pidgin, he says there shouldn't be anything weird with the privacy settings. I've tried this logged into and out of the game, and when logged onto different characters but get the same error. Any help?
First of all you need to have a character in that fleet for it to work. Then

channel, holodeck!fleet+name+here
room: guilds.crypticspace.com
add chat

edit . not @
Lt. Commander
# 252
08-03-2011, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJumper1

room: guilds@crypticspace.com
add chat
wait what how did you get it to work? i still can't get it to open in pidgin, i got 2 of the rooms but they don't open when i double click on them.
Lt. Commander
# 253
08-03-2011, 06:29 AM
I've gotten it to work in both pidgin & instantbird. It is guilds.crypticspace.com not guilds@crypticspace.com. everything after holodeck! is your fleetname with a + sign instead of spaces.
Lt. Commander
# 254
08-03-2011, 06:54 AM
nvm i got fleet chat partially working by enabeling xmpp service discovery plugin in pidginIM, but its only recieving messages from ingame and its not able to transmit to the ingame fleet channel atm for some reason.
Lt. Commander
# 255
08-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJumper1

room: guilds.crypticspace.com
add chat
Yes, I have three toons in that fleet and did all those things. I got it to work for all the fleets my toons are in except this particular one. Anyone know why its saying registration required (as stated previously, fleet leader has no idea)?
Lt. Commander
# 256
08-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Can anyone recommend a good chat client for Android since Pidgin isn't available on that platform as of yet?
Lt. Commander
# 257
08-03-2011, 12:19 PM
awesome it works finally got into my fleet's custom channel
Lt. Commander
# 258
08-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
Yes, I have three toons in that fleet and did all those things. I got it to work for all the fleets my toons are in except this particular one. Anyone know why its saying registration required (as stated previously, fleet leader has no idea)?
I have no idea why it won't work either.
Lt. Commander
# 259
08-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Can anyone recommend a good chat client for Android since Pidgin isn't available on that platform as of yet?
Jabiru and Xabber for Android.

Go back several post for more info. Also my Sig has a guide.
Lt. Commander
# 260
08-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell-KV4S
Jabiru and Xabber for Android.

Go back several post for more info. Also my Sig has a guide.
I installed both of those and I prefered the interface of Xabber. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to correctly access the various chat channels I was looking for. Jabiru looks a bit horrible in my opinion and it doesn't scale properly to the screen of my Sidekick 4G. As a result, I didn't really try to setup the chat channels.

Edit: Got Xabber working pefectly. It's a bit picky with the settings but it works, it's a nice and clean interface, etc. The secret to getting Xabber to work is to use all lower casing when setting up Confrence (the name of the channel). On top of that, if your handle includes capitals (like mine), it must be your exact handle that follows the @ sign.