Lt. Commander
# 261
08-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
I installed both of those and I prefered the interface of Xabber. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to correctly access the various chat channels I was looking for. Jabiru looks a bit horrible in my opinion and it doesn't scale properly to the screen of my Sidekick 4G. As a result, I didn't really try to setup the chat channels.
Sorry to hear that, other than those, there really aren't other apps that work (at least at the time i tested).
What channels are you having trouble with?

What size screen is the sidekick? I have access to the Jabiru developer and I could mention it. My phone has low res compared to others but i thought it looked great myself.
Lt. Commander
# 262
08-04-2011, 11:49 AM
jabiru hasn't worked for me in a long time, I'll try Xabber.
Lt. Commander
# 263
08-04-2011, 12:06 PM
The Sidekick 4G has a 3.5 inch screen on it and the resolution is 480 X 858. It's not the greatest but I bought the device for quick messaging primarily. I'll install Jabiru again. The next time you're on the developer side of it, mention how nice Xabber's interface is.

Edit: Installed Jabiru and Xabber again. With Xabber, I can't get the confrences setup for some reason properly. Keeps saying I haven't joined chat I have the settings in there and added the confrence. With Jabiru, it keeps telling me wrong username or password. Both are correct! I've retyped them numerious times and the same crap. With the scaling, it's in portrait mode. the Jabiru and Connect button are partially obscured.
Lt. Commander
# 264 MAC via web...
08-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Try using http://www.webxmpp.com
at the top of the screen you'd enter
your username (in-game @handle) the server, (CrypticSpace.com), and password (cryptic account Password)

then, once connected, under the chat panel click on conference rooms.
for a global channel, Room: Global+Channel+Name@channels.crypticspace.com
or a guild/fleet channel, Room: My+Fleet+Name@guilds.crypticspace.com

if you want your character name to be different than your @handle, enter it to the right of the ENTER button.

The only problem... it doesn't show the user name for the people that are chatting...
and you may have to scroll up to see each post, unless you use the mini window. next to the talk to room, there is a button on the far right. mouse over shows Launch Mini

it makes it useable, but still shows no name.
Lt. Commander
# 265
09-14-2011, 02:02 AM
I am using Xabber to access the chat servers offline. I have been able to get my friends list and custom channels to show up, as well as fleet members who are online. What I have not been able to work is fleet chat. I am using the guilds.crypticspace.com and entering in the fleets name in the proper fields as well as the same nickname that I entered to access the custom channels. Has anyone been able to get fleet chat to work through Xabber? If so, how?
Lt. Commander
# 266
09-14-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravenlee_OBarr
I am using Xabber to access the chat servers offline. I have been able to get my friends list and custom channels to show up, as well as fleet members who are online. What I have not been able to work is fleet chat. I am using the guilds.crypticspace.com and entering in the fleets name in the proper fields as well as the same nickname that I entered to access the custom channels. Has anyone been able to get fleet chat to work through Xabber? If so, how?
fleet chat has worked intermittently since I found out it was available. The last week or so instead of working with pidgin I have been getting this:

Error joining chat holodeck!”fleet”@guilds.crypticspace.com
service unavailable

So, I don’t believe it is just you or Xabber.
Lt. Commander
# 267
09-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the response. I guess I will just try it on an off to see if it is back up and running. Would anyone be able to tell me if I am entering the information correctly?

MULTI USER CHAT SERVER: guilds.crypticspace.com
CONFERENCE: s.o.b.
NICK: (my username)

Just want to make sure that I got everything right and that it is more than likely a problem with the chat server. Thanks to all!
Lt. Commander
# 268
09-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the response. I guess I will just try it on an off to see if it is back up and running. Would anyone be able to tell me if I am entering the information correctly?

Just want to make sure that I got everything right and that it is more than likely a problem with the chat server. Thanks to all!
that looks correct, now the user created channels are working fine, if your fleet has created a chat channel that should be fine.... we use it vs the fleet chat for our communication.
Lt. Commander
# 269
09-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:

I believe it should be holodeck!s.o.b. for conference.

That being said, fleet chat isn't showing up in Instantbird either so it's probably down right now.
Lt. Commander
# 270
09-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Error joining chat holodeck!”fleet”@guilds.crypticspace.com
service unavailable
it appears the fleet chat is back up, i an mo longer getting that error and i can connect to my fleet's chat via pidgin.