Lt. Commander
# 331
02-20-2012, 10:37 AM
did something happen to xmpp chat? I was able to use chat lastweek but now I cant? My cryptic account is link to PWE now the passwords are different but I still cant connect
Lt. Commander
# 332
02-20-2012, 11:58 AM
It is working fine for me. I have a merged Cryptic/PWE account. I use the PWE login name and password and it takes it.
Lt. Commander
# 333
02-20-2012, 11:22 PM
I just got this to work with my Cryptic pass. As far as I can tell nothing changed on my side. I dont get it. Oh well, for now, YAY
Lt. Commander
# 334
02-24-2012, 09:47 AM
So, out of curiosity, is this feature still considered to be in beta? I mean, it's been working flawlessly for almost two years now.
Lt. Commander
# 335
02-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Yes, only gold accounts can use XMPP to chat with our in-game chat servers.
Any chance this can be put into the first post? I went silver last month and I've been trying for the last hour to get XMPP working, only to have 'Invalid XMPP ID' errors. If I had read earlier that it only works for Gold members I wouldn't have bothered.
Lt. Commander
# 336
02-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Why hasn't the "Service Unavailable" issue been fixed for Fleet Chat channels yet? It worked for 2 days about a month ago, and hasn't worked since. This can't be hard to fix, what's the deal?
Lt. Commander
# 337
02-29-2012, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Hey StormShade, I'm sorry I'm a little confused, where do I find this "Pidgin client"?

You say it's a IM program so I'm guessing I have to look for it externally, outside of the STO website right, so is it best to just Google it or is it linked into the site some where?

I read your entire post, I'm only realy familiar with MSN and Xfire, so I honestly thought the first place I look is "My Account" on the frontpage of the STO website, but I guess not.

EDIT: Is this what we need to download?

http://www.pidgin.im/download/
I know I've got a late reply here, but yes that would be the proper Pidgin. Pidgin is a multi-platform messaging client that can be used for everything from the original Battle.net to IRC to MSN and so on. It can now be used for STO.

There are many other clients out there that do the same thing, but I prefer Pidgin.

More info and links are (obviously) found on Wikipedia.
Lt. Commander
# 338
02-29-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerithlan
I know I've got a late reply here, but yes that would be the proper Pidgin. Pidgin is a multi-platform messaging client that can be used for everything from the original Battle.net to IRC to MSN and so on. It can now be used for STO.

There are many other clients out there that do the same thing, but I prefer Pidgin.

More info and links are (obviously) found on Wikipedia.
I would think that after 24 months he'd have the answer by now. You know, just a shot in the dark and all that.
Lt. Commander
# 339 Fleet channel
03-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Hi,

I got a question. Hiw can I join the normal fleet channel created by the game for my fleet?

Sincerely,

Kane184
Lt. Commander
# 340
03-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane184 View Post
Hi,

I got a question. Hiw can I join the normal fleet channel created by the game for my fleet?

Sincerely,

Kane184
It used to work with

holodeck!”fleet”@guilds.crypticspace.com

So if your fleet was "Superfleet"

holodeck!Superfleet@guilds.crypticspace.com