Lt. Commander
# 381
06-02-2012, 11:37 AM
the XMPP works fine. Just make sure you setup it up correctly with the instructions. Tho Half the fleet chars are effed up. I would suggest making a channel for your fleets to all talk in. and put a + inbetween words if your room has a space in it. For example from making the account to getting into the rooms:

This is on account adding on Pidgin which I use for XMPP chat and most of my chats.

Username <~~~ Cryptic/PWE account name
Domain: crypticspace.com
Reource: This is the name you want to be known as. You will show up as that name for ex: "Newname@accountname"
Password <~~~~ Cryptic/pwe Account password

Now for the chat part of it. Alot of times looking for the room names won't work, Even looking under guilds.crypticspace.com you will see the Fleet room names and alot of times it will not work. I excepted this fate. I made channels that me and my friends can talk under. For example, I will use my channel for the example

Go to join a Chat, Click the account you want (Xmpp Whatever@crypticspace.com)

Room: Mass+Chaos (this is Mass Chaos in game, You need to put the + in replacement of a space between words)
Server: guilds.crypticspace.com
handle: This doesnt seem to matter it never changes a thing.
Password: IF your channel has a password.

Now, As for Silver/ Gold/ Lifetime
Silver accounts I have NOT been able to get working.
Gold accounts have worked AS LONG as the sub is active, it died the moment they went back to silver
Lifetime Works fine.

This has been Tested by me and a few friends. The moment they reverted to Silver it died on them with the "not authorized" error.

Hopefully this helps some confusion

Dear Cryptic,
Please fix your XMPP chat servers so we can connect continuously with our fleets and stabily. It is a Brilliant feature alot of us enjoy (that have access to it)
Lt. Commander
# 382
06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
[quote=dariusmajere]

This is on account adding on Pidgin which I use for XMPP chat and most of my chats.

Username <~~~ Cryptic/PWE account name In my case this is my email so it's name@provider.net
Reource: This is the name you want to be known as. You will show up as that name for ex: "Newname@accountname"

I have all this in perfectly. Could the error have something to do with my Username being an email address?

If I use name and leave off the @provider.net portion I get "Not Authorized" and I use the whole email I get "Invalid XMPP ID".

I'm still at a loss as to why this isn't working for me.
Lt. Commander
# 383
06-02-2012, 07:55 PM
[quote=Odecius]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere

Username <~~~ Cryptic/PWE account name In my case this is my email so it's name@provider.net

I have all this in perfectly. Could the error have something to do with my Username being an email address?

If I use name and leave off the @provider.net portion I get "Not Authorized" and I use the whole email I get "Invalid XMPP ID".

I'm still at a loss as to why this isn't working for me.

I am not sure as I have an Actual Log in name, I don't have an email prefix attached to it. Unfortunately someone else who uses XMPP that has a email prefix.
Lt. Commander
# 384
06-06-2012, 05:51 AM
Annoyingly I can see what Fleet members and Friends are online, and I can see Fleet chat for 3 of 5 fleets and can only get some general chat channels!

Very inconsistent!!

With S6 coming, having XMPP working properly would really help keep in contact and chat with Fleet mates when out of game.

Please can one of the Dev take a look into this?
I know you are all busy, but with everything leading to Fleet togetherness, this would really help.
Lt. Commander
# 385
06-09-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm using Miranda IM and it is working good so far.
Solved some problems i had with it (autogenerating contact-groups), but i haven't figured out yet, how to add chat channels to the interface (or open them).
If someone could help me here, it would me much appreciated.
Career Officer
# 386
06-20-2012, 05:07 AM
Is this working for people with PWE linked accounts now? I was able to logon to Tribble with the new account and I haven't been *unlogged* out of Pidgin yet since the switchover.

Edit: Other users have been able to use Pidgin since merging to PWE account.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 06-20-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Ensign
# 387
06-24-2012, 10:08 AM
I have a silver account and get the "Not Authorized."

They should really put that in the notes that silver accounts can't use the service (I have linked my cryptic account with a pwe account). I fiddled with it for a while before I read the above note put there by a user.
Career Officer
# 388
06-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotxdevnull View Post
I have a silver account and get the "Not Authorized."

They should really put that in the notes that silver accounts can't use the service (I have linked my cryptic account with a pwe account). I fiddled with it for a while before I read the above note put there by a user.
Well, it all falls back to Tribble used to be only available to subs. then they let F2P on and never updated anything.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Lt. Commander
# 389
06-29-2012, 06:42 AM
I haven't been able to log in to my fleet chat via XMPP for three weeks now. I get the error "Service Unavailable". I can log in to global channels like DOffCalls just fine.
Empire Veteran
# 390
07-15-2012, 02:07 PM
I haven't been able to use this since I linked my account. What gives?