Lt. Commander
# 1 Tuvok
05-28-2010, 02:11 AM
the guys was like a hundred years old in voyager and was still a lieutenant commander

was it because he left starfleet for a bit?

or was he just really rubbish at his job?

also cookies, /discuss
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-28-2010, 03:42 AM
Tuvok was only a Lt Cmd as he'd left starfleet, ergo he had to start again.

And are the cookies chocolate ship?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-28-2010, 04:27 AM
I agree with Dawson. Tuvok left Starfleet for some time then rejoined later in his life

Those cookies better be oatmill rasin with ketchup on them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-28-2010, 04:46 AM
You are Wrong and Right Tuvok did leave StarFleet but was not a LT.C when he did If I'm not mistaken if you watch the episode where Captain sulu is in he was an ensign and he left just after he first mission on the Excelsior. Tuvok
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-28-2010, 06:08 AM
If you were all to watch "Upright Citizens Bragade" Season 1 Ep titiled "Little Donny" you would all know alot more about Tuvok. (Watch the whole episode please, this show was cancelled from Comedy Central for fighting robots)
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-28-2010, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Tuvok was only a Lt Cmd as he'd left starfleet, ergo he had to start again.

And are the cookies chocolate ship?
why yes, yes they are.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-28-2010, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Commander-Of-Daedalus
You are Wrong and Right Tuvok did leave StarFleet but was not a LT.C when he did If I'm not mistaken if you watch the episode where Captain sulu is in he was an ensign and he left just after he first mission on the Excelsior. Tuvok
Erm...when you resign a comission from Starfleet, you have to start again, normally (Voyager is the exception to this rule as it was cut off from Starflee in the Delta Qaudrant). Ergo, Tuvok probably rejoined as a ensign and worked his way up to Lt. Cmd.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickcow
If you were all to watch "Upright Citizens Bragade" Season 1 Ep titiled "Little Donny" you would all know alot more about Tuvok. (Watch the whole episode please, this show was cancelled from Comedy Central for fighting robots)
Tuvok's never going home!

(I say this a lot IRL)
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-28-2010, 08:44 AM
I have to disagree with the fact that you lose rank when you resign. At least I have to say there's no evidence of this in canon.

Example: TMP. Spock has been out of Starfleet for awhile now, but when he learns of V'Ger, he catches up to the Enterprise and joins them. By the time TWoK comes along, he's a captain. I don't think THAT many years passed between these movies, so he couldn't have started back out as an ensign.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickcow
Don't be dissin the battlebots.
Closed Thread