Lt. Commander
# 11
05-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IglooDude
Don't be dissin the battlebots.
Have you seen the "Little Donny" episode of Upright Citizens Brigade? The robots were ok for a few days...giant **** jokes last forever.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-30-2010, 11:17 PM
According to the book series "Titan" Tuvok left Star Fleet as an ensign (2298), and later rejoined (in the 2340s). During his early years he was "shuned" from his fellow officers, so he studied tactics/security and became an expert. (Titan:The Red King)
If I was ever stationed on a ship wth him I would try to get a transfer. He was propelled across the galaxy/universe on 3 occasions throughout his career.

1. As an ensign aboard the USS Excelesior (meeting our human brothers the Neyel in the magnetic Small Cloud Galaxy), went thru a subspace rift.
2. As a Marquis member/Lt. Cm of Starfleet (USS Voyager Delta Quadrant)
3. Finally after the events of the Shinzon incident, got sucked into the "Great Bloom" while in Romulan space, propelled to the same galaxy that the Neyel live in.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-31-2010, 06:36 AM
it would be kinda cool tho to follow him around and see what else happens to him ^.^
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-31-2010, 06:43 AM
Well... To quote a former starfleet Officer "You don't get to be Captain wearing a Gold Uniform" (Eddington).

Think of it: How many Tactical/engeneering officers with a higher rank than Lt. Cmdr have you seen? I can think of one: The Guy in that Episode where Sisko takes the defiant into the Gamma Quadrant, after the Romulan-Cardassian fleet went to destroy the founders.

Also you have to take an "Examn" to become a command officer (Commander).

Mostly The Gold uniforms ranks end at Lt. Cmdr, and if Tuvok was just fine with him being a security officer, he could just refuse the examn, and Stay Lt Cmdr.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-31-2010, 06:55 AM
Jordy laforge made captain. he was a yellow shirt
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Spade
All Starship captains wear red, though, at the time of promotion. But Shirt color doesn't limit actual rank.

Crusher and Pulaski were both Commander and wore blue. Spock, Scotty, McCoy, Sulu... they all made Captain. Different era and 2 of those 4 actually commanded starships. Scotty and McCoy never did. But they never wore command-colors and were still promoted to Captain (and even Admiral in McCoy's case.) The rank of Captain doesn't mean you're automatically in command of a ship...although that's pretty much all we ever see in the shows.

But, just like today's military, an officer holding the rank of Captain may be anything from a doctor to being in command of a ship. However, most Captains are in the Air Force and are generally fighter pilots.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Crusher went on to command a starship, and I believe she still wore a blue uniform during that command (it was an alternate timeline, but it was made to suggests that this would be the case in the future).
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Spade
he was wearing red in the future so he might have changed "careers"

just realised crusher did wear red as well in all good things
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEGA View Post
Crusher went on to command a starship, and I believe she still wore a blue uniform during that command (it was an alternate timeline, but it was made to suggests that this would be the case in the future).
I was thinking the same thing but in the "All Good Things..." future timeline, she was wearing a red uniform. But the point you make is the same point I make. Color doesn't restrict anyone from being promoted to captain, but anyone holding the rank of captain doesn't necessarily mean that they command a starship. Another example would be when Captain Sisko was re-assigned to Starfleet HQ as head of security.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-31-2010, 09:28 AM
I wonder why all captains are red shirts... You'd think they would get theier own color. something dashing and heroic.... like pink.
Closed Thread