Lt. Commander
# 21
06-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrasil
The Collector's Edition items should never be available for those who didn't buy the Collector's Edition.

However, the regular editions should be allowed to be attainable by others. (Buff Tribble from Best Buy / Liberated Borg from Amazon / etc).
I'd have to say Cryptic disagree's since the TOS Uniforms they're giving away for free were part of the Digital Deluxe Edition.

Actually i was away when they first started that offer so i must ask; was there many complaints and ragequits when that began? If there wasn't then i'd put money on the rest eventually becoming available by other means.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-02-2010, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHarvey
I would agree that lifetime subscription bonuses be kept to lifers, I think that is something that they should keep exclusive. I would even say that Collectors Edition items be kept unique.
Fun fact, most lifers I know don't even care about them being up in the c-store lol. There was a topic about this once and 90% of the lifers there said they wouldn't mind if non-lifers could buy the borg playable char in the c-store.
The other bonus, 2 extra char slots, are already up in the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-02-2010, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
I'd have to say Cryptic disagree's since the TOS Uniforms they're giving away for free were part of the Digital Deluxe Edition.

Actually i was away when they first started that offer so i must ask; was there many complaints and ragequits when that began? If there wasn't then i'd put money on the rest eventually becoming available by other means.
Actually surprisingly little, I think I was one of the most vocal ones but that was mostly cause I was disappointed about it and later just resigned to it and gave up. Not much I can do against it anyways and I just considered it another bad luck strike...

The DDE did give me some other bonusses that are still 'unique' for the time being though, like the joined trill. Then again I don't really plan to start playing with a joined trill and I got the DDE for the TOS uniforms, but it's still nice to have that option.

Right now I won't be complaining about Cryptic at all since they've compensated me in another way that I was really happy about and they gained a lot of credits for that with me.
Cryptics billing department is awesome, fast responses to my tickets and actual solutions hehe. ^_^