Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
05-29-2010, 12:55 PM
3 slots is fine. I don't see why you'd need more slots till later (when KDF PvE and the Romulans eventually launch).

You had some interesting arguments up until you used the slippery slope hyperbole that games will eventually move to charging for creating 3 characters on a server.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
05-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
3 slots is fine. I don't see why you'd need more slots till later (when KDF PvE and the Romulans eventually launch).

You had some interesting arguments up until you used the slippery slope hyperbole that games will eventually move to charging for creating 3 characters on a server.
whilst 6 would have been nice i personally i think 4 should have been the minimum so you can at least see each fed type and do one klingon.

so i had to buy some extra to fit my needs

tactical/escort
engineer/cruiser
science/science

and a klingon character

i dont like to respec my characters around so i want to have one of each depending on my mood
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
05-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Well, 2 slots go for $6.25 or 500 Cryptic Points.

That's a large meal at McDonald's.

Not sure how this affects players in less prosperous regions of the world though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
05-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Not sure how this affects players in less prosperous regions of the world though.
Nigerian royalty seem to be pretty ok with it. At least they tell me that in their e-mails.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
05-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguehwz
You have your free 500 cryptic points to spend with.
I wasn't given 500 free cryptic points. I only had 200 and gained an extra 40 for filling out a questionaire by Cryptic. I purchased the CE from Amazon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
05-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Nigerian royalty seem to be pretty ok with it. At least they tell me that in their e-mails.

he e-mailed me too, with an interesting business proposal, small world.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
05-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amonaug
I have to ask. How many that complain about having to pay for more character slots have a gaming hobby like Pen & paper Dungeons & Dragons, miniatures, etc? Do you buy more miniatures, expansions, modules, rules books? If so then why should an online MMO be much different?
With that kind of logic everything that the devs do for us is something that we must pay through the nose for. Maybe everything that they do we must shell out at least 15 bucks on top of subscription. That 15 a month subscription should only cover the priviledge of accessing their server not anything else.

With some it is a matter of principle as long as there are ways to earn more character slots. Along with the ones bought in the C store then many of us that love playing alts will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
Seriously?! this is your argument? seriously?

You want us to believe that lack of character slots. Will become a driving trend and be the doom of MMO's. STO is actually bucking this trend, by allowing potentially dozens of slots, but for a small one time fee. Instead of a fixed number. Or, more likely, this entire line of thought is intellectual tripe, and needs to be ignored as such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
3 slots is fine. I don't see why you'd need more slots till later (when KDF PvE and the Romulans eventually launch).

You had some interesting arguments up until you used the slippery slope hyperbole that games will eventually move to charging for creating 3 characters on a server.
Oh yeah then tell my why banks that now have all kind of fees. Such as printing new checks, service fee, ...etc that never existed decades ago. Also how many people today are paying 30%+ in interest to credit card companies.

My dad foresaw these fees long before banks started charging. The same was true for social security number. At first the only ones that would get that number would be your employer and yourself. Now just about everyone from bank to doctor needs to have that number. In fact you can be tracked by that number. Something else my dad foresaw.

Many years ago Providian (a bank) had to pay $400 million to their customers for unfair business practices concerning credit cards. They would tell their employees to add late fees to those that were not late. Over the limit fees to those that were not over the limit. Their employees got tired of that and turned them in for that. You would think that a big time bank would never do that then think again.

Greed and common sense do not go together. If a person thinks he can get away with it then he will do it. Regardless of how much harm it will do. Greed and caring do not go together. The both of you can keep your head in the sand if you want. But I will not, now if the earlier comment of the vet rewards earning a character slot then I will be fine with them. Because that is the same as City of Heroes/Villains.

BTW: I did not say the doom of MMO's I said that if players would let what I said earlier to be true and supported it then MMO developers will make their games and have the type of charges that I mentioned earlier. If you were to ask players of P2P MMO's did they know that one day microtransaction would be added to their subscriptions. I would say that many would say no.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
05-30-2010, 03:40 AM
I dont need 50 toons, I need my main and an alt.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
05-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawkorrr View Post
I dont need 50 toons, I need my main and an alt.
good for you, now why did you post here?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
05-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson_Garrett View Post
good for you, now why did you post here?
Because he has every right to post in this thread just as you have a right to post in this thread.

as for him, I do believe he is suffering from SWG character syndrome. it forms after years of only having two characters. it's untreatable. ( oh and why did I post that, because I have every right to post. just like how he posted )

THE MORE YOU KNOW
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:54 AM.