Lt. Commander
# 1 wow really cryptic
05-24-2010, 06:57 PM
i see lots of goodies in crytic store shame its not um part of the game already jesses you guys just want all are money dont you. and expensive too...
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-24-2010, 07:50 PM
its less then $7 for 500 points. You cant even get a decent burger combo meal for that much in most places. Heck $7 will barely get you 3 gallons of gas.

Im not sure what your understanding of expensive is. But in my book the C-store rates seem fairly cheap.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah!

I mean, a business that wants to make money! What is that all about!?! That's almost like... counter intuitive or something!

What an outrage!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-24-2010, 11:43 PM
WoW in the title and then complaining about the prices here. :p

WoW would like to have your 25$ for a single item.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shriekk
i see lots of goodies in crytic store shame its not um part of the game already jesses you guys just want all are money dont you. and expensive too...
So what would you rather have Cryptic do? Raise the subscription prices???
Lt. Commander
# 6 hmm
05-25-2010, 01:51 PM
well i dont mind paying extra for things but some of this junk is not functional. some people are cheap, thats not me. I dont mind spending 10, 20 bucks extra on items, but if its game wise let it be functional. Have a purpose other then looking cute. an emote shouldnt be over 100 points. a ship skin shouldnt be over 100 points as it just looks cool but doesnt do anything to make the ship function in a different way or better. a ship, actual ship can be 160, 200 points, another playable race can be even 200 points, hell even a bridge that has function can be over 100 points but it better have functional panels. I dont mind paying but i want function not junk. that in itself makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Wow... This discussion again...

Why does it surprise people, that cryptic wants to make some money on some extra stuff... I mean: THey are already adding new content that everyone has access to for free... The few items in the C-Store dosent make a diffrence in game and a just for the enjoyment some of us have... And some of the retail versions even come with a bunch of C-Store points anyways...

I don't see the problem... As a Freelancer I supply my customers with free upgrades for their webpages when I enhance stuff for the sites i've developed.

But I charge big time for new modules I develop... Even if they are just a new way of rotating banners, and my costumers are happy..
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
Im not sure what your understanding of expensive is. But in my book the C-store rates seem fairly cheap.
Some of us are adults who work for a living. And thus such prices are as you state, very disposable income that comes easily.

Others (like possibly the OP) are still under the age of 16, don't work for a living, and have to deal with the hassles of mom and dad.

They might find cryptic points harder to come by.

Lt. Commander
# 9
05-25-2010, 02:54 PM
While we are talking about the cost of things on the C-Store, would someone explain why the Imperial ship skin costs more than any of the other ship skins, including the other cruiser skin?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-26-2010, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shriekk
/sigh... Not this discussion again please.

You don't need to make use of the C-Store items to enjoy the game.

They're only optional extra's, if you don't like them don't buy them, but don't come complaining about it on the forums when they're reasonably priced.

And duh.. Off course they want more money. You probably have no idea how much it costs to develop and run a mmo. It takes at least 1 year before a mmo gets even close to making a profit.