Lt. Commander
# 11
05-28-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm not real clear about what's the difference between a Primary Mission and a Secondary Mission?
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
  • Your HP, base damage, and healing ability will be scaled
  • Your equipment will be scaled, but the scaling will be transparent in the sense that you won't see any changes in your item names or the item stats
  • Similarly, your powers and Bridge Officer skills will be transparently scaled up or down
I don't think that's the right word - transparent would suggest that you do see all the changes accurately.

Also: Does this mean that if you have equipment below your maximum level equipped and you mentor down, it'll scale to the same degree as you and thus be even more gimpy, or that item effectiveness will be capped at a mark appropriate to the mentored rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousBrad
I'm not real clear about what's the difference between a Primary Mission and a Secondary Mission?
Primary - you get the full SP, BOSP, and Merit reward and any additional items.

Secondary - reduced SP, BOSP, and Merit rewards only, no ancillary rewards

Right now, you get Secondary missions if someone shares one to you and you don't meet the mission's requirements or it's a non-repeatable that you've already done.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Sounds great, but I too would like to know how this works with STF's.

In other words, can we bring an LT into STF: Infected, if they are supporting an RA5, for example.

If they drift too far away from their "mentor", will they get booted out?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotStuff_ST
Sounds great, but I too would like to know how this works with STF's.

In other words, can we bring an LT into STF: Infected, if they are supporting an RA5, for example.

Thanks!
I suspect that sub-RA characters still won't be able to get through the gate.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Squad Support? Seriously?

What is this? WW2 Online? CoD: Trek?

Starfleet is a naval service. Ships are organized into SQUADRONS, not squads.

This would make the leader the Squadron Leader or Squadron Commander, or you could even use Commodore.

Squad Leader? Wow. I wonder how long it will be until the "Starfleet's not the military" crowd sees that and explodes? That is assuming that they haven't all gotten sick of stopping the Borg from searching for artifacts from their third dynasty and simply quit STO in disgust already.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post

This would make the leader the Squadron Leader or Squadron Commander, or you could even use Commodore.

Squad Leader? Wow. I wonder how long it will be until the "Starfleet's not the military" crowd sees that and explodes? That is assuming that they haven't all gotten sick of stopping the Borg from searching for artifacts from their third dynasty and simply quit STO in disgust already.
The labels on Tribble last I saw all use noun and verb forms of "Mentor", which hopefully they just keep...
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Sounds like a great feature. I've recently been revisiting FFXI, and I noticed that they've adopted a very similiar feature called 'Level Sync'.

The team leader has the option to set a level sync on any player within, immediately scaling everyone else to match that player's level. It works very well, especially in FF's case since it was VERY tough on XP having a team within a level range outside of 3 before.

Anyways, I think this will help instill more of a desire among players to team up and work together. I'm assuming it also provides a workaround for the level restrictions Fleet Actions now have. I'm looking forward to trying it out in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post

When I read the original post for this thread it really dawned on me that squad is not quite right for the Federation. I don't know about the other factions. The only time I heard the term in the movies/series was red squad at Starfleet Academy.

I know there has to be a Star Trek fan out there that can come up with a more suitable name.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-29-2010, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyejon View Post
When I read the original post for this thread it really dawned on me that squad is not quite right for the Federation. I don't know about the other factions. The only time I heard the term in the movies/series was red squad at Starfleet Academy.

I know there has to be a Star Trek fan out there that can come up with a more suitable name.
"Field promotion" ?
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-29-2010, 05:37 AM
some quick answers since i did try this on tribble :p

Quote:
Nope can't get thru the transwarp gate.

Quote:
Again, like i posted in the first page, it's by instance. When we did it we noticed no range limits.

Quote:
also will your new termprarily higher level boffs have access to their higher level skills i.e. an ensign boff using its commander skill ?
Nope. This just boosts your stats, not give you extra skills.
Closed Thread