Lt. Commander
# 21
05-29-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post

Nope. This just boosts your stats, not give you extra skills.

Yep....no extra abilities....but the abilities you do have will be stronger/weaker depending on your leaders level. Same way they do it in CoX....if they did it right its an awesome system.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Isn't this the same stuff that was already in the game during launch? I'm sorry but the 'Squad Support' feature is a fail.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
Isn't this the same stuff that was already in the game during launch? I'm sorry but the 'Squad Support' feature is a fail.
No. It was briefly in place during closed beta, but was bugged so they took it out.
Lt. Commander
# 24 Understanding this new thing
06-01-2010, 07:57 AM
First off, on the surface it sounds amazing.

So what will happen is RA Joesph E. Simeon convinces Stanley H. Steamer (tough on Borg, gentle on Vulcans) to try STO.
Stan's like "sweet jeesh and golly this game is fun, but I cannot do what your doing, I am stuck in the Sirius Block and cannot help you save DS9 from (insert enemy here). What do I do?!?"
Joe's like "aww shucks, we can Squad! that way, you can help me and benefit too!"
Stan: "Really?"
Joe: "Yeah, and you will be rewarded with about the same skill points as mobs your level!"
Stan: "That sure is a mazin'!"
Joe: "Yup, but I gotta take out the garbage, afk."

So would it be something like this? It would be an AMAZING tool for recruitment via word of mouth for those folks who want to come back to play with friends, but not level for a month or more to get there.

Someone tell me if I have the jist, or if my dialogue was incorrect.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-01-2010, 09:34 AM
so how close do you exactly have to stay for this to work? Same system? 10km? Closer?
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso
so how close do you exactly have to stay for this to work? Same system? 10km? Closer?
It seems that 'same instance' does it for the most part.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-01-2010, 09:48 AM
It's around 20K in space IIRC, several light years in sector space...ground combat is a little trickier for outdoor missions, especially if you end up with different spawn points for some reason. Generally speaking if you're within range to fight as a group, you're within squad support range.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-01-2010, 09:52 AM
They really need to just make it in the same instance... rather than have a km distance on it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkeismine View Post
They really need to just make it in the same instance... rather than have a km distance on it.
yeah. especially for out ground missions, you want to be able to have the option to flank and what not.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso
yeah. especially for out ground missions, you want to be able to have the option to flank and what not.
The radius of effect is significantly larger than weapons range and there's a time delay if you go out of range before the effect drops (on CO it's a minute - didn't check here). There shouldn't be any issues as long as you're engaging the same group of enemies.
Closed Thread