Lt. Commander
# 21
05-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMiller View Post
To bad all those f-bombs couldn't be used to kill that FREAKING QUEEN!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Darn you Cryptic. Can the devs even beat that mission?
I'm sure it can be done. It's pretty much STO's "end-game" content so just like any MMO, it requires coordination. And its probably just like any other MMO raid-scenario where you should have one person tanking (keeping all the threat) while the dps is all focus-fired on the same target. We were just kinda.... shooting at everything which I'm sure made trying to heal a real pain. (Sorry about that, Dr. lol) But I had fun doing it the way we did it.... although it did get kinda old after 10 attempts (or however many we tried) at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.wilson View Post
I'm sure it can be done. It's pretty much STO's "end-game" content so just like any MMO, it requires coordination. And its probably just like any other MMO raid-scenario where you should have one person tanking (keeping all the threat) while the dps is all focus-fired on the same target. We were just kinda.... shooting at everything which I'm sure made trying to heal a real pain. (Sorry about that, Dr. lol) But I had fun doing it the way we did it.... although it did get kinda old after 10 attempts (or however many we tried) at the end.
Team Thundar got her to half way down on her HP.
There is no real tanking the Borg Queen on the ground. One shot from her will kill an Admiral level very rare ground shield. The key methinks is to clump up, focus fire on her (not any of the other Borg in the room), and try to revive your buddies who go down.

I also think it wouldn't hurt if you could manage to get two science officers in the group. One wearing a medic's heal kit. The other the big nasty Science expose kit. If she were exposed a good percentage of the fight, I believe that would make things MUCH easier.