Lt. Commander
# 1 Infected / Borg Queen Help!!
05-30-2010, 04:13 AM
I have tried to complete Infected no less than 11 times. My team and I have gotten to the queen about 8 times.

What are the best weapons (I know, obviously the anti-borg specials) to use against the Borg Queen?

I have been using Antiproton (purples) but it does not look like these do any real damage at all. I also use the assimulated Borg tribble.

What is the best weapon damage type to use?

What is the best Tactical Kit to use?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Damage type doesn't really matter. I'd go Ani-Proton or Disruptor. When you fight the queen, I would use an expose assault weapon and for the exploit weapon, I would use a Sniper Rifle. The Sniper Rifle does the most damage and has the shortest cooldown.

As for Kits, the Tactical Officers should ALWAYS take the Squad Leader kit. This gives you Rally Cry which will heal everyone in a 30m radius over 10-15 seconds. It will give additional damage resist, damage strength, critical chance bonus, etc.

In order to take down the Queen, I recommend having at least 2 Tactical, if not 3 or 4, when attempting it. The first thing you do is put Fire on my Mark 3 on her and then use Security Team, Rally Cry, Overwatch, gun special, and then Tactical Initiative. Then you repeat the process. Other Tactical Officers' Tacticle Initiative will reach you, so make sure you get an order set so each person knows when to pop it. Once you get all Tac Inits done, you should be able to take the queen out in about 10 - 20 seconds and no one will die. Rally Cry keeps everyone alive. The science officer can do some spot healing to anyone that seems to be getting overly pounded.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2010, 08:52 AM
On a side note, Rebecca Simmons alias Manus of Borg is NOT the Borg Queen....:p
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-30-2010, 09:43 AM
She's sexy! :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-30-2010, 10:14 AM
When my team plays, we generally have two engineers around. We found if we deploy a force dome ontop of her, she will stop moving. She still shoots the crap out of you, but she effectively is now forced to stay where you deploy the dome.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-30-2010, 03:11 PM
I played it i think 2 days ago and we passed it fast I took in a lot of small hypos and small shield and it was fast im a tac and used grenade kit and i was in the middle defending.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-31-2010, 04:50 AM
Thank you so far for the advice.

Last night I had my best time of it, but still did not beat her, but was close.

I used the Tactical Kit Fire Team. Stacking up all of the skills really helps out. We also had a different team make up: 3 Tacs, 1 Eng, 1 Sci. One player had the anti-borg specific weapons as well, and all of us had Tribble-of-Borg.

BTW, I will get a Sniper Rifle (purple) today, I have been using High Density Antiproton, which isn't bad.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-31-2010, 06:17 AM
We usually either have it easy or terrible.

Use 1 medic (me usually) at least 1 tac with Rally Cry, 2 engineers and then a random dependant on who wants to go.

I prefer using forcefield domes/covershields to keep her in place (we fight her on her platform) then beat on her with batleths

As a side note has anyone tried using biofilter sweep vs her blue circle of death?
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-01-2010, 02:40 PM
The blue circle does not harm you, at least not directly. It only does damage to you if you shoot an energy weapon. And it does damage to your entire party too. Two options if you get the blue circle. 1) Wait until it expires. or 2) attack with batleth.

We routinely all gather on 1 of the corner platforms. If we are all there, she usually comes over and 2 or 3 of us melee her. Worst case scenario, if everyone else is dead, the medic will tank her. I have done this twice now with only a group of 4 players.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-02-2010, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
The blue circle does not harm you, at least not directly. It only does damage to you if you shoot an energy weapon. And it does damage to your entire party too. Two options if you get the blue circle. 1) Wait until it expires. or 2) attack with batleth.

We routinely all gather on 1 of the corner platforms. If we are all there, she usually comes over and 2 or 3 of us melee her. Worst case scenario, if everyone else is dead, the medic will tank her. I have done this twice now with only a group of 4 players.
Sorry but this is incorrect, we tested the "do not fire" strategy and her blue circle AoE decimated us and nobody lifted a finger